Java is the fifth most used programming language worldwide in 2021, with a market share of 35.35%. Today, there are thousands of companies that use Java software development services for digital products and solutions. Among these, enterprise software is one of the most in-demand services for companies – and Java has been a primary part of the technology stack for developing these applications.
Enterprise systems are essential for companies to digitize their operations, manage multiple departments, and streamline the entire organizational workflow. They must be scalable, robust, and intuitive, which will enable teams to operate them seamlessly. Java enterprise software development allows companies to achieve functional benefits by digitizing their operations through a single, unified system.
According to surveys, 58% of enterprises use Java in their technology stack. Tremendous amount of experience surrounds Java as developers have been using it for over 20 years now. Enterprise-grade solutions require a Java team that can build faster apps and enable them in achieving a competitive advantage.
This article will highlight the top 7 reasons that showcase why enterprise Java development is at the center stage for several companies. It will also focus on the different areas where enterprises are using the Java programming language.
7 reasons to choose Java for Enterprise Applications
Java enterprise application development is the cornerstone of several companies in multiple industries. The versatility of the technology makes it possible for enterprises to build solutions that are easily scalable, robust, and maintainable.
Here are 7 reasons why Java is perfect for enterprise applications:
- Stable Language
- Java is one of the most stable programming languages. It is constantly growing, receiving updates, and has become a stable language over the years. Some of the world’s leading organizations hire Java experts to build solutions that achieve stability through the technology.
- Enterprise applications need to be stable. Java eliminates errors in the solution through multiple testing techniques. It enables the development of apps that do not require heavy maintenance as well.
- Scalable Development
- Of course, Java applications need to be scalable. There are frameworks, tools, and libraries that enable the development of scalable Java solutions. There are hundreds and thousands of code libraries that simplify scaling the application as per the need of the company.
- Java is a powerful programming language, which means that it can handle heavy traffic loads with ease. It easily solves some of the most common problems in the application process, leading to better performance.
- Platform Independence
- Whether it’s a Java enterprise application framework or any library, developers need to use it on multiple platforms. Java Virtual Machines make it possible for developers to achieve cross platform application development, which simplifies the entire process of enterprise software building.
- Java can be used on macOS, Windows, Linux, or Unix. Therefore, developers are easily able to test their applications on different systems. This way, they can understand how the solution will work on multiple platforms.
- Better Performance
- Custom enterprise software development is highly powerful as compared to some of the other top languages. Java reduces memory consumption and uses multi-threading to deliver better performance. It is a fast-paced technology that enables developers to achieve results in real-time.
- Some of the leading organizations like Nasa, Wikipedia, Tesla, Netbeans, among several others use the programming language to power their solutions. There are some companies that utilize Java in deep space technologies as well.
- Diverse Libraries
- When developing enterprise applications, libraries are essential to add new features, solve common problems, or find new approaches to develop the solution. There are free and open-source libraries with a business-friendly license, which makes it easier for developers to utilize them for functional purposes.
- The Java ecosystem comprises libraries for almost everything – whether adding a feature for payment integration or deploying applications on the cloud. Java focuses on the holistic development of the solution leading to much better outcomes than other technologies.
- Active Evolution
- Java 14 and Java 15 are the latest additions to the Java ecosystem. The programming language receives constant updates, which leads to the active evolution of Java. The latest upgrade is in Java EE 8, which is traditionally headed to enterprise-ready API simplifications.
- Some of the newest versions of Java have already been made available. The wide community of developers and Oracle’s own team constantly contributes to the development of Java.
- Mobile Applications
- Today, enterprises need to be mobile. They need solutions that the team can access from their Smartphones. Java is the perfect technology for such applications on Android. It is a key programming language for building Android applications over the years using the Android SDK.
- Since the language is platform independent, developers can utilize the solution from mobile to desktop and integrate other applications with ease. Mobile development becomes easier when Java is in the technology stack as developers have been using the programming language for over a decade to build Android apps.
Java for Enterprises: Where is it Used?
There are several use cases of Java in the real world. Today, as the modern world progresses, Java solutions are prevalent in different industries. From Insurance to Manufacturing, the technology is useful in development of applications from complete ERP systems to the digitization of processes.
Java consultants provide services for web application development, desktop applications, GUI development, scientific computing, server apps, embedded systems, J2ME apps, and big data technologies. The integration of such apps into enterprise solutions is a key in driving the success of the digital efforts of the organization.
Augmented and Virtual reality are also on the list of services provided by a Java software development company. These two technologies utilize Java and its frameworks to build upon advanced systems that can be used for modeling solutions and integrating 3D dynamics to the enterprise software.
Every Java enterprise application today is growing in some or the other way. Since the technology offers so much scope for development, scaling, and efficiency, companies prefer to use the programming language for multiple aspects of their organization. Today, Java makes digital transformation possible for enterprises, which should be a big enough reason to use it for application development and software solutions.
Discuss This Article
Add a New Comment /Reply
Thanks for adding to the conversation!
Our comments are moderated. Your comment may not appear immediately.