Webinars are taking the digital marketing world by storm. Also known as web conferencing, webinars are services that allow real-time, multicast video conferencing or audio conferencing events to occur even when participants come from remote locations. These are made possible through online technologies like TCP/IP. Some great examples of oft-cited webinar services include Google Hangouts, and ClickMeeting.
Many people today consider webinar as the next big thing in marketing since it offers real-time connectivity and interaction between the presenter or presenters plus guests and the audience that are interacting with them.
Here are the eight reasons why a webinar is a great marketing tool:
- Webinars are Convenient: On-demand webinars are quite convenient to have because at this point, everyone has an online connection and a means to access it. Chances are, many of your business colleagues, partners, and customers have Internet access as well. Conducting webinars allow you to connect with everyone around the world without having them to leave their home.
- Webinars Can Help with Your Promotions: If you want to promote your site or company with the help of webinars, then it’s all possible. Webinar presentations, even informational ones, can increase the exposure of your business or company altogether. It’s all thanks to the concept of webinar marketing that you can “weaponize” your webinar conferences in a promotional perspective in order to use it as an outlet to present your products and services to your audience at large. Since videos increase people’s understanding of your product or service by 74%, having a webinar with full video on demonstrating or explaining the virtues of your product through a presenter can have a huge impact on how people view what your company is providing, more so than simple advertising copy.
- Webinars Establish Your Credibility: By having a webinar, you’ll be able to give more credibility to your ideas. The simple act of putting on webinars will allow you, the people you’re talking to, and the people who are watching, to understand your concepts and establish agreements. You’re presenting and sharing ideas in a forum of like-minded people, building upon them and even widening your viewpoints of the world around you. Webinars are particularly effective in bringing people and their perspectives together. This allows for an evolution of ideas to come about, instead of it being stuck on an echo chamber in board meetings full of “yes” men. Everyone has a voice in a conference, including those watching it in the form of a sidebar comment box.
- Webinars Have Huge Applications on Training and Education: Webinar live streams and webcasts can include how-to videos that showcase training in various fields of study and concepts. It’s the sort of training that can be done online, broadcasted live and in real-time (plus archived for posterity), and offers immediate feedback from the viewer in question through real-time comments. Just as you can use webinars to increase understanding of your products and services as another form of web video, so too can you introduce concepts for the sake of educating the viewer. You can cover a wide range of topics plus do on-the-spot communications or even interactive evaluations on multiple viewers (instead of having one-on-one chats on programs like Skype).
- Webinars Can Create and Increase Brand Awareness: Brand awareness is a concept that involves making audiences more aware of a brand or product through consistent promotion, advertisements, marketing, and labeling focused on a single theme, message, or identity. Having a webinar set up will allow your audiences to have a visual image of your brand, resulting in a bigger consumer base when everything is said and done. You can do it through the hard sell method of outright promoting your products or services every other break or at the start of your webcast or through subtler means.The topic itself can lend towards increasing brand awareness if it’s your product or the market it belongs to is being mulled upon by everyone on a given panel.
- The Consumer Reach of Webinars Is Quite Impressive: Having a webinar, especially involving news and current events that are burning holes in everyone’s minds, enables you to reach to most people, particularly your target audience if you play your cards right. By applying creative design and marketing every time you have a webinar up and running, you’ll be able to draw an audience in and will provide for new potential leads for your site and customers for your business. The more engaging your webcasts are, the more invested the audience will be to watching each “episode” of your webinar.
- Webinars Helps Build You a Bigger Audience and Contact List: Just like with podcasts or simply having a YouTube channel, every webinar you made forges new contacts. Webinars allows you and other presenters to build an audience in the form of viewers or even other people on your panel. You can get guests on your every meeting to talk about anything related to your market.In fact, the guests themselves can serve as new contacts that could bring in a whole new audience to your business, especially if the guests you have on the webinar have their own followers.
- Webinars Are Cost-Effective Solutions: Webinars aren’t that much expensive and some of them are even available for free. Others have a fee, but that fee comes with the assurance of better, more flexible features and benefits when compared to the issues and bugs associated with free services. Regardless, the overhead for a webinar solution doesn’t cost a lot. Like organic results in search engines or broadcasting yourself through YouTube, you won’t have to spend hundreds of thousands or millions to use this very good marketing platform. In most cases, all you really need to have is a decent Internet connection, a service provider for your webinar, and a computer.
With that in mind, Webinars are considered huge marketing tools primarily because conducting them gets your service information out there in the form of communication with your clientele or conducting broadcasted board meetings across the Internet on short notice and with low overhead cost, sometimes done at the comfort of your own home.
By conducting your own webinar, you’re allowed to present your ideas to a greater audience and discuss with them and the people in your panel how valid they ultimately are, establishing huge marketing awareness and better consumer bonds in the process.