Conversion rate is critical for every business, website or blog. You got a visitor on your page, now the question is how to convert this visitor into a lead. You must have an effective conversion process to convert your visitors into potential leads.
What is Conversion Process?
Let’s take an example: you get an email from a business and you find the product or service good enough for you. This email contains a CTA, which says “Take Free Demo.” This button links to a landing page where you fill out the form with your contact information. After that you (Lead) are directed to a thank-you page.
So, we can say that there are two key elements of a successful conversion process –
- Calls-to-Action (CTA)
- Landing Page
In this article, we’ll talk about CTAs & Landing Pages. Let’s start!
How to Use a CTA
CTA can be defined as a button, text or image which promotes an offer or product and links to a relevant landing page. Calls-to-action must encourage visitors to click, for example – “Get The Demo”, “Join the Event or Webinar”, ‘Download The Guide’, “Avail Coupons” etc.
CTA is an important asset for a business or website. You must follow best practices to make your CTA successful.
Here’s a checklist which will give you an idea about effective calls-to-action.
- It should be action-oriented, which provoke visitors to take an action.
- Use clear and concise phrases which tell visitors what will happen after the click. Use the words like – Download The eBook, Start A Free Trial, Watch a Video etc.
- Avoid using words like Click Here. Don’t make your visitors feel confused.
- Use the keywords which are relevant to your offer & landing page. Keywords give a picture to them about your offer.
- Always do a test with your CTAs (A/B testing). But don’t test more than one change at a time. Test what works you best a button or a clickable link.
- Place your calls-to-action above the fold of a page which means visitors don’t need to scroll down to see your CTA. Make it clearly visible & attention grabbing.
- CTAs can be placed on your website pages, blog, relevant landing pages, social media and in your emails.
- Your Blog is the best place to put CTA. Place it in the sidebar or bottom of the blog post.
- Make small changes (one at a time), analyze the results & repeat!
Here are some Interesting Calls-to-Action Stats:
- Adding CTAs to your Facebook page can increase click-through rate by 285%. (Source)
- Major European e-commerce site experienced 35.81% increase in conversion by changing button color on product landing pages. (Source)
- A fitness chain experienced 213.16% increase in conversion by making the copy more relevant. (Source)
- Hubspot found that calls-to-action targeted to the user had a 42% higher view-to-submission rate than calls-to-action that were the same for all visitors. (Source)
- Unbounce found 90% increase in CTR by changing one word in the button copy. (Source)
- Small changes can yield up to 30% increase in conversion. (Source)
How to Use Landing Page
Landing pages are created to convert visitors into leads. A Salesperson needs their visitor’s information to build relationship and nurture leads. But the question is, how to get visitor’s information?
To get your their information, landing pages must contain a form or we can say a lead capturing form. To make your conversion process more successful you must build an effective landing page.
Here’s a checklist to make a high performing page.
- Landing pages must have a clear, concise and action-oriented headline. (if you want them to download a guide, use the word ‘download’ in your headline). If necessary, use sub-heading for more information.
- Explain them your offer and tell the benefits. Don’t use too much text. Make your information concise and use numbers, bullets to make the copy more compelling.
- Remember visitor’s contact information is a TREASURE. So you have to tell why your offer valuable for them. Simple Rule – Give to Get!!
- Remove all navigation links/menu from your landing page. Navigation can distract your visitors.
- Place a relevant image, video or visual. It will increase the value of your offer.
- You can also add testimonial and let them know what other people think about you. It builds trust.
- Be specific about the number of fields in your lead capturing form.
- Submit button in lead capturing form should be highly visible & easy to click.
- Once a visitor has filled the information and hit the submit button, he will direct to thank you page. A thank you page allows you to provide additional offer or information in which your lead might be interested.
- Build a unique & dedicated page for each offer.
- Don’t forget to test what works best for you. Make changes and analyze the results.
- Use plenty of white space to increase the reading comprehension.
- Add social media buttons and let them share your offer with their friends or followers.
Enjoy Some Interesting Landing Page Stats:
- A video on your landing page can boost conversion rates by 80%. (Source)
- 48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign. (Source)
- 44% of inbound marketing links direct to a homepage, not a landing page. (Source)
- Hubspot research has found that companies with 30 or more landing pages generate seven times more leads than companies that have less than 10 landing pages. (Source)
- Landing pages with multiple offers get 266% fewer leads than single offer pages. (Source)
- President Obama raised an additional $60 million, using A/B Testing. (Source)
Go ahead and get started with creating calls-to-action (CTA) and landing pages to increase your conversion rate. Make sure to analyze the results.
Its nice information, it will be really useful for the digital marketing people.
Hello Vidya, I’m glad you liked this article. Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day!