Conversion rate is critical for every business, website or blog. You got a visitor on your page, now the question is how to convert this visitor into a lead. You must have an effective conversion process to convert your visitors into potential leads.
What is Conversion Process?
Let’s take an example: you get an email from a business and you find the product or service good enough for you. This email contains a CTA, which says “Take Free Demo.” This button links to a landing page where you fill out the form with your contact information. After that you (Lead) are directed to a thank-you page.
So, we can say that there are two key elements of a successful conversion process –
- Calls-to-Action (CTA)
- Landing Page
In this article, we’ll talk about CTAs & Landing Pages. Let’s start!
How to Use a CTA
CTA can be defined as a button, text or image which promotes an offer or product and links to a relevant landing page. Calls-to-action must encourage visitors to click, for example – “Get The Demo”, “Join the Event or Webinar”, ‘Download The Guide’, “Avail Coupons” etc.
CTA is an important asset for a business or website. You must follow best practices to make your CTA successful.
Here’s a checklist which will give you an idea about effective calls-to-action.
- It should be action-oriented, which provoke visitors to take an action.
- Use clear and concise phrases which tell visitors what will happen after the click. Use the words like – Download The eBook, Start A Free Trial, Watch a Video etc.
- Avoid using words like Click Here. Don’t make your visitors feel confused.
- Use the keywords which are relevant to your offer & landing page. Keywords give a picture to them about your offer.
- Always do a test with your CTAs (A/B testing). But don’t test more than one change at a time. Test what works you best a button or a clickable link.
- Place your calls-to-action above the fold of a page which means visitors don’t need to scroll down to see your CTA. Make it clearly visible & attention grabbing.
- CTAs can be placed on your website pages, blog, relevant landing pages, social media and in your emails.
- Your Blog is the best place to put CTA. Place it in the sidebar or bottom of the blog post.
- Make small changes (one at a time), analyze the results & repeat!
Here are some Interesting Calls-to-Action Stats:
- Adding CTAs to your Facebook page can increase click-through rate by 285%. (Source)
- Major European e-commerce site experienced 35.81% increase in conversion by changing button color on product landing pages. (Source)
- A fitness chain experienced 213.16% increase in conversion by making the copy more relevant. (Source)
- Hubspot found that calls-to-action targeted to the user had a 42% higher view-to-submission rate than calls-to-action that were the same for all visitors. (Source)
- Unbounce found 90% increase in CTR by changing one word in the button copy. (Source)
- Small changes can yield up to 30% increase in conversion. (Source)
How to Use Landing Page
Landing pages are created to convert visitors into leads. A Salesperson needs their visitor’s information to build relationship and nurture leads. But the question is, how to get visitor’s information?
To get your their information, landing pages must contain a form or we can say a lead capturing form. To make your conversion process more successful you must build an effective landing page.
Here’s a checklist to make a high performing page.
- Landing pages must have a clear, concise and action-oriented headline. (if you want them to download a guide, use the word ‘download’ in your headline). If necessary, use sub-heading for more information.
- Explain them your offer and tell the benefits. Don’t use too much text. Make your information concise and use numbers, bullets to make the copy more compelling.
- Remember visitor’s contact information is a TREASURE. So you have to tell why your offer valuable for them. Simple Rule – Give to Get!!
- Remove all navigation links/menu from your landing page. Navigation can distract your visitors.
- Place a relevant image, video or visual. It will increase the value of your offer.
- You can also add testimonial and let them know what other people think about you. It builds trust.
- Be specific about the number of fields in your lead capturing form.
- Submit button in lead capturing form should be highly visible & easy to click.
- Once a visitor has filled the information and hit the submit button, he will direct to thank you page. A thank you page allows you to provide additional offer or information in which your lead might be interested.
- Build a unique & dedicated page for each offer.
- Don’t forget to test what works best for you. Make changes and analyze the results.
- Use plenty of white space to increase the reading comprehension.
- Add social media buttons and let them share your offer with their friends or followers.
Enjoy Some Interesting Landing Page Stats:
- A video on your landing page can boost conversion rates by 80%. (Source)
- 48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign. (Source)
- 44% of inbound marketing links direct to a homepage, not a landing page. (Source)
- Hubspot research has found that companies with 30 or more landing pages generate seven times more leads than companies that have less than 10 landing pages. (Source)
- Landing pages with multiple offers get 266% fewer leads than single offer pages. (Source)
- President Obama raised an additional $60 million, using A/B Testing. (Source)
Go ahead and get started with creating calls-to-action (CTA) and landing pages to increase your conversion rate. Make sure to analyze the results.