When you think of “must-have” marketing tools, do bumper stickers come to mind? Probably not, and while bumper stickers shouldn’t be the centerpiece of any comprehensive marketing campaign, they can definitely play a major role in brand promotion and even direct sales.
Bumper stickers have the following benefits for marketing:
- A single bumper sticker can reach hundreds, even thousands, of potential customers every single day.
- Well-written, well-designed bumper stickers can promote your brand image and lend a sense of solidarity with your customer base.
- Bumper stickers can promote direct sales with memorable URLs and phone numbers.
- Bumper stickers are cheap to print, and when they’re well designed, your customers will want to proudly display them on their vehicles.
For all of these reasons, you should print bumper stickers. However, simply printing bumper stickers won’t help you achieve the brand awareness you’re after. Follow these tips when planning your next bumper sticker marketing campaign.
- KISS – Keep It Simple, Stupid – is the golden rule. You want your bumper sticker copy to be short and sweet so it’s easy to read and understand. Short and sweet wins.
- Large fonts are easy to read from a distance.
- If you want response, use a memorable URL or phone number: BuyCarsCheap.com or 800-chep-car.
- Striking artwork and attention-getting images can help, but don’t get too detailed or you’ll risk distracting from your message.
- Contrasting colors, such as yellow and black, are easy to read and will stand out.
- Use white space to make sure your text is easily read.
- Use humor only if it contributes to your message and brand image. Funny bumper stickers are memorable, but they don’t necessarily sell. If you can be both funny and motivate emotions and even response, perfect.
- Avoid QR codes and other forms of instant interactivity, unless you’re targeting passengers. The last thing you need is for your brand to be associated with traffic accidents.
Bumper stickers can be powerful marketing tools when you have a good design, compelling copy, and an attention-getting, memorable message. Your bumper stickers shouldn’t be afterthoughts; carefully construct your bumper sticker printing and marketing strategy to get the most for your marketing buck.
Now it’s your turn to weigh in: Should you print bumper stickers?