Have you used promotional products for advertising and branding for your company? If you have not run a campaign using branded products, then you might be interested to know that according to surveys of promotional product recipients, they really do work to increase branding, favorable sentiment, and sales. In this article, we will feature statistics from an informative infographic all about promotional product advertising campaigns.
Promotional Products Can Show Off Your Brand
Promotional products are an excellent tool for increasing your branding efforts. Not only are they kept by the recipients, but when they are used by those recipients, it can be looked at as an endorsement of sorts by their co-workers, friends, and family, who also become exposed to your brand through the use of the promotional product.
- 90% of recipients use a promotional product they received at least once a week.
- 10% of recipients pass a promotional product on to family or friends.
- 87% kept a promotional product for more than a year.
In addition, survey respondents said that the return on investment for promotional products delivered a better ROI than radio and outdoor advertising. More than half of promotional product recipients (56%) said that their impression of the company improved after receiving a branded item.
Promotional Products are Useful, Tangible, and Highly Affordable
Surveys like this give you a great look into how promotional products are used in addition to being able to see their advertising and branding value. Promotional products integrate into life, impacting the daily routines of the recipients.
- 55% said they had at least one promotional product in their bedroom or storage space
- 74% said they had at least one promotional product in their work area
- 91% said they had at least one promotional product in their kitchen
After receiving a promotional product:
- 42% felt a more favorable impression
- 60% have done business with the brand
- 27% said that it served as a constant reminder of the company or brand
Promotional Products are an Inexpensive Alternative for Advertising
When a company or a marketing executive thinks about their advertising budget and where they are going to spend it, mediums like television, radio, print media, and online advertising might come to mind. However, promotional products are an excellent and memorable alternative to those advertising mediums. The impression after receiving a branded gift is increased dynamically over other mediums that can be quickly forgotten or even ignored. Consider these statistics:
20.9% of recipients made a purchase after receiving a promotional product.
That is a very high success rate when you realize the lower level of effectiveness for other types of advertising:
- 4% made a purchase after viewing a print ad
- 1% made a purchase after watching a television commercial
- 6% made a purchase after seeing an online ad
Promotional products have been around for many, many years. Now that advertising on the internet has trained marketers to look for tracking and statistics, traditional campaigns might be in question. This information from recipients of promotional products or branded gifts serves as proof that they work to increase your branding and improve the favorability of your company. In addition, promotional product campaigns can be less expensive than other advertising choices.