When I was younger, I collected and traded baseball cards with my friends. One of my found memories was riding my bike to the local sports cards and collectibles shop, buying a pack of cards and then trading the duplicates with friends. To ensure that the trades were fair we relied on the card values provided by Beckett Sports Cards & Collectibles Magazine. Besides providing a list of card values, the magazine included a list of athletes that were responsive to fan mail within the past month. Back then there was nothing cooler than writing a letter to your favorite athlete and then receiving a response (I still treasure the autograph that Nolan Ryan sent me).
Maybe it is just me, but the same holds true in the world of social media – who doesn’t get excited when a social media A-lister responds to your tweet? Since there has been a lot of talk recently about how difficult it is to truly engage with A-listers on social media (I am not talking about Lady Gaga), it got me thinking about who are the most approachable social media A-listers on Twitter. As a result, I came up with the following list of fantastic and engaging thought leaders on Twitter. If you are new to Twitter or have become disenchanted with social media, then following and interacting with these individuals is a MUST!
The 40 Most Approachable Social Media A-listers on Twitter
- Mark W. Schaefer = @MarkWSchaefer
- Margie Clayman = @MargieClayman
- Suzanne Vara = @SuzanneVara
- Jason Falls = @JasonFalls
- Lisa Petrilli = @LisaPetrilli
- Pam Moore = @PamMKTGNut
- Jay Baer = @JayBaer
- Heidi Cohen = @HeidiCohen
- Michael Brenner = @BrennerMichael
- Glen Gilmore = @GlenGilmore
- Tom Pick = @TomPick
- Cheryl Burgess = @ckburgess
- Steve Farnsworth = @Steveology
- Michael Brito = @Britopian
- Andrew Hunt = @InboundSales
- Simon Mainwaring = @simonmainwaring
- Joe Chernov = @jchernov
- Danny Brown = @DannyBrown
- Frank Strong = @Frank_Strong
- Ardath Albee = @Ardath421
- Stephanie Tilton = @StephanieTilton
- Joe Pulizzi = @juntajoe
- Kyle Lacy = @KylePLacy
- Joan Stewart = @PublicityHound
- Chris Herbert = @b2bspecialist
- Andrew Spoeth = @AndrewSpoeth
- Chad H. Pollitt = @CPollittIU
- Sima Dahl = @SimaSays
- Mack Collier = @MackCollier
- Gavin Heaton = @servantofchaos
- Janet Fouts = @jfouts
- Kristina Allen = @AllenKristina
- John McTigue = @jmctigue
- Neal Schaffer = @NealSchaffer
- Scott Monty = @ScottMonty
- Drew McLellan = @DrewMcLellan
- Erik Qualman = @equalman
- Jason Yormark = @JasonYormark
- Chris Abraham = @ChrisAbraham
- Deepak Gupta = @dgupta5150
These 40 individuals have several things in common:
- They are all leaders in their respective fields.
- They regularly create and share invaluable content.
- They all understand the importance of making new connections and value the social media communities in which they participate.
- None of them would ever call themselves an A-lister (they are too humble)
NOTE: This list was compiled by considering individuals who have at least 1,000 followers, regularly maintain their accounts, are highly respected and from my own personal experience are extremely responsive.
I would love to hear your recommendations for additional individuals to follow and interact with on Twitter in the comment section below.