Marketing has always been crucial to companies- whether big or small. Among all the ways that are offered today to market our product or services, telemarketing is the most viable and effective marketing strategy.
Bear in mind, telemarketing is not successful unless it is implemented most effectively. To make it effective, companies today are found to take several steps and among them, outsourcing is becoming trendy these days.
Outsourcing sales calls for businesses, in particular, can prove fruitful to them. This article brings to you a detailed insight into why outsourcing cold calling services can be a masterstroke in increasing your sales. Let’s begin by answering some basic queries.
What is Cold Calling?
Put, cold calling is a way to make sales wherein a salesperson connects with people and offers services and products. Mainly, it is done through telemarketing, but can also be done through in-person visits.
What is Cold Calling Outsourcing?
Cold calling outsourcing typically refers to a third-party overtaking your company’s cold calling tasks. A dedicated team of salespersons is set up who perform this task on the behalf of your company. The main motive behind outsourcing sales call for small businesses is to improve their efficiency.
Effective Cold Calling Tips
- Research Is Essential: It’s better to do thorough research about your prospects. It will help you gather some personal information about them. A personalized approach is always highly appreciated. When you show them that you put in efforts to know them, they will show interest in your service or product.
- Keep It Concise: Keep it as short as could be expected. As and when they pick up the call, tell them the call would not take much of their time. This will make them listen to you more attentively. Keep it between 3-5 minutes.
- Talk About Limited-Time Offers: Tell them about promos, schemes, special gifts or discounts, or rewards. This will draw them in. make them feel the urgency so that they would want to grab it soon.
- Adopt Presumption- Presume that what you are selling is wanted by the prospect. This can also be an effective methodology.
- Be Attentive Towards Them: Make them feel that they are being listened to with utmost attention. Keep asking proper questions in between. Try to ensure a balance between questions and details so that the conversation keeps going.
- Focus On Information: Your primary focus should be on collecting information, rather than making sales. Build rapport with your prospects. Analyze their pain points and look at how your solution can help them. This way, you can plan your future calls too.
- Rejection Is OK: Do not be pushed down when customers reject your solutions. Something that does not work for one does not mean won’t work for others as well. Focus on making as many calls as you can. The more calls you make, the closer you get to ‘yesses’.
Outsource will increase the efficiency of sales calls as you will have a trained team of salespersons who are assigned this task specifically.
Benefits of Outsourcing Sales Call
- Focus On Other Crucial Activities: Outsourcing sales calls can reduce your workload and hence, you will have more time to focus on other crucial work.
- Affordable Workforce: This is an important advantage for small businesses. When you outsource cold calling services, you save money on recruitment, training, and other tasks. Hence, it is helpful to go for outsourcing sales calls for businesses. You can also expand your workforce without having to pay for any additional types of equipment or workspace.
- Expertise: Outsourcing companies professionally train their staff to be effective brand representatives. They are specifically trained to represent clients with utmost professionalism.
- Use of Advanced Technology: Since cold calling service providers have considerable expertise in this field, they make use of the latest technology. They possess the updated equipment and tools to keep up with the trends.
- Reduced Risk: Professional salespersons can handle interaction with clients in a better way. This will reduce the chance of poorly interacted calls.
- Preparedness- an economy that keeps on fluctuating will surely have greater benefit from outsourcing cold calling services. This is because, if you are faced with any disaster, the service provider will keep cold calling in continuation. Your work will go on.
- Long-Term Benefits: Outsourcing services will have a positive impact on your business. It will assist in keeping your business optimized.
Pitfalls of Outsourcing Sales Call for Businesses
- Lesser or No Control: When you outsource cold calling services, you are not the controller of how the task is being performed. You lose some of the control. However, this is not a big concern if you have hired an efficient service provider.
- Data Is Less Secure: Confidential data may be at risk of being leaked out by the service provider. Hence, it is recommended to go for the service provider who guarantees data security.
- Things May Be Misunderstood: There are chances for certain things to be misunderstood by the service provider for some things need to be made clear with face-to-face interaction.
- Lack of Devotion: When this task is performed by your in-house salespersons, they will work with 100% devotion. But, outsourcing companies might not be wholly dedicated to your company as they may be dealing with multiple clients.
- Language Can Be a Barrier: When your customer contacts your salesperson from a different geographical or ethnic region, your customer might drift away from your company if the agent is not well-versed in that particular language.
Cold Calling Service Providers
Dial America: This is an organization based in the United States of America. It has more than 60 years of experience with 19 call centers situated within America. It claims to make 100 million calls every year. The best part about this organization is that they do not follow scripts. They respond as required while talking with the prospect. Below mentioned are some of the industries that take Dial America’s service:
- Financial Services
- B2B Sales & Services
Flat World Solutions: This organization is not only limited to cold calling services. It also provides services like photo editing, software development, design, data entry, and a lot more. Below mentioned are some of the telemarketing services they provide:
- Cold Calling
- B2B Cold Calling
- Real Estate Cold Calling
- B2C Cold Calling
- Inbound Telemarketing
- Outbound Telemarketing
Squeeze Media: Based in Utah, squeeze media is a full-service business processing outsourcing (BPO) organization. Established in 2009, they are a new service provider offering services such as:
- Lead Generation
- Live Transfers
- Lead Development
- Consultative Sales
- Marketing Automation
- Inbound Customer Service
- Outbound Customer Retention
To sum up- doesn’t matter whether you are a small business owner working for B2B or B2C or not, a little step towards outsourcing cold calling services can help you telemarket your services or products that you’d want to invest in them more and more.
However, in the past few years, telemarketing has also developed a negative reputation. But, that’s clearly due to some of the service providers compromising with the quality. This article brought to you some well-established cold calling service providers who offer quality work to choose from along with other basic information.