15 Beautiful Reasons to Make Your Content Marketing More Visual.
Some businesses and industries lend themselves more easily to having beautiful pictures on their website, for example Floristry or Cupcake making. Even if your business is an accountancy firm, or a Solicitor it’s worth figuring out a way to include visual content into your marketing mix, as the statistics below prove just how powerful online imagery can be for capturing a customer’s imagination.
1. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text. (Sources: 3M Corporation and Zabisco)
2. 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco)
Recommended for YouWebcast: Strategies, Tactics & Tools for Content Marketing in 2015
3. 46.1% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company. (Source: Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab)
4. Publishers who use infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t. (Source:AnsonAlex)
5. Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts. (Source: SEOmoz)
6. Visual content drives engagement. In fact, just one month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content — photos and videos — saw a 65% increase in engagement. (Source: Simply Measured)
7. On Facebook, photos perform best for likes, comments, and shares as compared to text, video, and links. (Source: Dan Zarrella)
8. 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online. The 25-34 age group watches the most online videos, and adult males spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than females. (Sources:comScore and Nielsen)
9. Over 72 hours of videos are uploaded each minute on YouTube.com. (Source: YouTube)
10. 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute. (Source: YouTube)
11. Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
12. Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011. (Source: Nielsen)
13. 25 million smartphone users stream 4 hours of mobile video per month. 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day. (Sources: Ooyala and Ipsos)
14. Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers. (Source: Ooyala)
15. Viewers are 85% more likely to purchase a product after watching a product video. (Source: Internet Retailer)
So what are you waiting for? Get your creative juices flowing and brighten up your website and add pictures and video to your content marketing strategy! If you’re stuck for ideas then look out for my follow up article, a Visual Marketing brainstorming session.