Google said its main SEO index was now based on the mobile while it relied until now on the desktop. Google AMP is thus the new standard that the company of Mountain View has developed and which companies and brands will have to comply. What is Google AMP? Why should you (already) worry about it? Our answers.
GOOGLE AMP, WHAT IS IT?
Meaning Google Accelerated Mobile Pages, Google AMP is the new format of mobile websites. A new standard of design and coding of websites responsive, a new writing format that can significantly speed up the display of the content of mobile sites.
With Google AMP, mobile users no longer have to wait to see if display the content of a mobile site. The technical response that is perfectly adapted to the expectations of consumers 2.0 seeking the immediacy otherwise ultra-fast in their experience on the web.
Google AMP is also a lighter format than its predecessors and cached in order to make even more fluid and much faster the display of the pages of a mobile site.
The new well will upset the current codes of responsive websites SEO because Google announced that the basic index for SEO websites would henceforth mobile index.
THE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Pushing AMP as the new flagship format for mobile sites, Google changes somewhat the rules of the game, with several consequences for companies and brands:
- The speed of loading a mobile site becomes a key success factor, an element of web marketing even more important than before.
- The responsive aspect of the sites will eventually have to be worked with more attention.
- The speed of display of the pages of mobile sites will henceforth be much more strategic than it was until now.
For your mobile site, it becomes necessary and even indispensable to consider putting in place a version AMP.
- Because SEO is now based on this standard.
- To be in line with the expectations of your visitors who want to enjoy content in velocity V, and to offer a navigation experience the high level.
- To retain or gain points on the competition or if only to stay in the race.
Note: Google has announced a second size announcement. The firm advises more than warmly to buy an HTTPS certificate ( the secure version of the HTTP protocol). Also, if you own such a site, it is crucial to acquire it because all the sites that have a client space (login + password) and that will not pass under the HTTPS protocol, Be less well referenced as of 2017. Google seeks to reassure users by generalizing the secure versions of the sites.
Google AMP and the deployment of the HTTPS protocol, these are two tracks that you will have to seriously explore for 2017. For all these questions and much more, your agency is there to accompany you.