Video is a crucial, necessary, and important part of any marketing strategy. In fact, brands who use videos as part of their “ecommerce experience” state that those videos contribute a 6% to 30% increase in sales and also contribute to a boost in conversion rates.
Data also suggests that consumers who watch a video online are 46% more likely to research the products they see in the video and more than 50% of consumers use video on their smartphone in order to make purchasing decisions. Generation Y shoppers are 264% more likely to share product videos when shopping online.
If you still aren’t swayed, check out the stats below to see just how crucial a video marketing plan is for your business.
Video Drives Traffic & Purchases
- Video content generates an average of 3 times as many monthly visitors as other content does.
- Video reviews on product pages increase the time visitors spend on the page by 340%.
- Shoppers are 52% more confident in their purchases when there is video content available.
- Websites with video content see 88% more time spent on pages by website visitors.
- There is a 127% increase in pages visited per shopping session when there are videos on product pages.
Video Viewing Preferences
- YouTube is the #1 destination for viewing product/brand videos.
- Mobile video viewers are 1.2 times more likely to think more of a company that offers product videos.
- By 2019, 72% of mobile traffic will be online video content.
- Tablet users watch online videos longer than 10 minutes.
- 54% of mobile users watch videos that are less than 10 minutes.
Millennials, Videos, and Shopping
- 4 in 5 Millennial shoppers find videos helpful when researching future purchases.
- 1 in 3 Millennials purchase a product as a result of viewing the online video.
- Millennials are 146% more likely to view videos on retailer’s websites.
- ¾ of all Millennials rely on video to comparison shop.
Interesting YouTube Stats
- YouTube reaches 81.2% of Internet users in the US.
- How-To videos are one of the most popular videos on the site.
- 55% of all Google keyword searches return at least one video result.
- 82% of Google video results lead to YouTube.