Video is a digital marketing trend that is here to stay, with online videos making up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic by 2022. That’s 15 times higher than it was in 2017!¹ So, what is video marketing? Put simply, video marketing is a marketing strategy that integrates video into your marketing efforts to promote your brand, products or services.
Why is video marketing important?
We’re living in a digital first world, consuming more video than ever before. With 78% of people watching online videos every week, and 55% viewing online videos every day,² video can no longer be just one part of your marketing plan. It should be central to your campaigns. Simply churning out a poor quality video, for the sake of it, doesn’t equate to an effective video marketing strategy and is unlikely to grab the attention of your target audience.
How do you create a video marketing campaign?
- Purpose – You need to decide the purpose of your campaign. Whether you’re driving sales, increasing brand awareness or sharing your story, clear goals and measurable objectives will help to shape your campaign and determine its success.
- Audience – Who are you targeting and why? Understanding your audience is key to developing campaign assets which will engage your target audience. After all, there’s little point spending money and time executing a digital campaign, if you’re targeting an audience with a message which is totally inappropriate and irrelevant.
- Channels – Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or your website, it’s important to define the channels you will be deploying your campaign across. Why? 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with the sound on.³ Therefore, determining your campaign channels at this stage will ensure your video content is optimised.
- Creation – Once you have defined your purpose, audience and channels it’s time to get creative. This is the part where you can turn your vision into video assets for your campaign. When it comes to filming and editing your video, it’s important to consider the quality. A poor quality video could do your brand more harm than good, so investing in the production of your video will help you drive better results and return on investment (ROI).
- Execution – There’s little point having a beautifully crafted video if no one sees it! Developing a strategic deployment plan will ensure your videos are shared effectively, at the right time, to the right audience. The results will speak for themselves.
Whilst there’s no secret recipe to success, keeping your audience front of mind at the planning stages will keep you on track. All videos are not created equal. Quality matters and time spent planning your strategy and approach will help you reap the rewards.
What are the benefits of video marketing?
- Improves SEO – A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video.⁴ Why? Search engines love video. They’re looking for content that engages site visitors and videos do just that.
- Builds trust – Video is a great way to create a personality for your brand and organisation. It enables you to connect with your target audience whilst building rapport and trust. 64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms,⁵ showing trust built through video, leads to sales.
- Increases brand awareness – Social video gets shared 1200% more than text and images combined, exposing your brand to new audiences. If targeted effectively,⁶ video will drive increased impressions and engagements, increasing brand awareness.
- Boosts conversion rate – Video should always be seen as an investment. A high quality, powerful video will help to impact consumer behavior, driving qualified leads. According to Hubspot, including a video on your landing page can increase your conversion rate by up to 80%.
- Drives website traffic – By improving SEO and increasing your activity on social media, video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%.⁷
1 – Cisco
2 – Hubspot
3 – Instagram
5 – Tubular Insights
6 – Wordstream
7 – Conversion XL
Comments on this article are closed.