As digital marketing evolves, we continue to see trends favoring video! Here are some quick and easy stats to use to convince your boss to invest in that video project, YouTube ads, or simply qualify your Snapchat habit.
Video Marketing Volume Statistics
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
- 87% of online marketers use video content.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds.
- One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
- The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts.
- 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- [NEW] You can now use GIFs in Facebook ads! We tried it out ourselves, and on the first day the ad below outperformed any other live Facebook ad we were running.
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
- 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links.
- The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
- Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- 46% of users act after viewing an ad.
- An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- 14% of marketers used live videos in their social media marketing in 2016.
- 44% of SMB owners and marketers plan to put money behind video content on Facebook in 2017.
- Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- Internet video traffic will be 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
- By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
Want more statistics to assist with your 2017 strategy? Check out our social media marketing statistics!