Social media has become widely accepted by small business owners to be the most efficient and cost-effective form of customer outreach. Through a single platform, small businesses can connect with the community, providing information on new products and events while also making themselves accessible to consumers who are subsequently able to tweet back. Through a Twitter marketing campaign, a business is no longer an institution but instead an individual with personality and emotions. The general public can tweet at your business the same way they tweet at Lady Gaga, the Biebs, and Bill Gates.
As you accumulate followers on your business’ Twitter feed, the amount of interaction you receive may become overwhelming. While it is easy to manage a personal Twitter, there are more effective solutions for businesses. Here are three tools and dashboards for small business owners managing their own Twitter marketing campaign.
- Specific tool to effectively manage multiple social media networks
- Platform for individuals to organize and develop social media
- Browser-based dashboard that allows users to keep updated on their account
- Helps individuals and organizations spread messages, monitor conversations/results
- Social analytics with Twitter, Facebook, Ow.ly, Google+ reports
- Message scheduling for campaign messaging
- Working on your twitter ratio
- Unfollow users who don’t follow you
- Bulk follow and unfollow options
- Sort users based on type like reciprocated or not
- User friendly, very easy to use
- Social network aggregation
- Service that allows users to manage and interact with updates from Social network services through a consolidated email digest
- Mission is “keep users connected yet productive at the same time”
- Increased interaction and user experience
- Monitor mentions, new followers, quitters, search results in Twitter from your inbox
- Twitter run application working directly with Twitter API
- User friendly, allows tweeters to send and receive tweets
- Compatible with iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.
- URL shortening allows for tweeting to be done on the fly
- Faster and more efficient means to working directly with your social media account specifically
- Monitor and manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Filter your Twitter feed with customizable columns
- Control your brand, build your brand equity and become competitive in the twitter community
- Gain the ability to engage with your customers
- Detailed reporting of your turnover rate- effectiveness of outbound messages
- Keyword, profile, and SEO search tools to help optimize your social media accounts and businesses
- Monitor competition across social channels
- Connect with highly targeted customers
- Communicate through multiple social networks with a single click
A Twitter marketing campaign has the potential to be a cost-effective method of promoting your company brand and accessing new customers in the community. With growth, your company may outgrow the individual-oriented design and function of social networking sites. Luckily, there are easily accessible social networking tools for businesses. Although the task may appear daunting for a one-man operation, combining the aforementioned tools with a little Twitter knowledge will allow you to manage your small business’ social networking needs.