If you are a business in Ireland then here is a podcast I highly recommend that you listen to – it’s an interview I did with Hugh Jones a data protection specialist who works with the Irish Computer Society when at their conference this week.
In the podcast we talk about the ICS ‘Data Protection Attitudes and Practices Survey 2011′ and cover insights and tips that were shared at the conference. Listen to the podcast streaming below or subscribe to it on iTunes.
DATA PROTECTION PODCAST SHOW NOTES
00:00 The ICS Data Protection Conference 2011
01:08 Awareness of data protection issues in Ireland as referenced in the ICS ‘Data Protection Attitudes and Practices Survey 2011’
04:49 Protecting your data in the cloud
09:35 Changes in data protection legislation
12:52 Preserving data security
17:45 Preserving your company reputation
20:41 Show ends
We have responsibilities in relation to the information which we keep on computers or in a structured manual file about individualsand are summarised on the Data Protection Commissioner website as follows:
1. Obtain and process the information fairly
2. Keep it only for one or more specified and lawful purposes
3. Process it only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given to you initially
4. Keep it safe and secure
5. Keep it accurate and up-to-date
6. Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
7. Retain it no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes
8. Give a copy of his/her personal data to any individual, on request.
Access my previous podcast about Data Protection here
Read my article about Data Protection best practice at live events when taking photographs of delegates
Irish Computer Society Data Protection Conference Podcast is an article post from: Biz Growth News. Remember to join our Facebook Page to access 5 marketing tutorials.