Enterprise systems are originally software application packages that are used for data storage, computational of information technology. It provides a responsive communication platform to all the employees of the organization by collecting the data that is accessible by multiple departments. It has increased the efficiency and the hard labor in the organization. Enterprise systems help the company to manage valuable information and reduce manual activities. It basically consists of packaged application solutions that can be used directly in an organization. Enterprise systems take care of the overall maintenance and accuracy but it is sometime difficult to implement.
Let us discuss about the different types of enterprise systems:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Through CRM you can track the customer experience and can deliver better services to the customer that would satisfy the needs of the customer. It is a key to relationship where you get to know your customer.
- Supply Chain Management (SCM): It is being developed to provide the best solutions to the end users. It is the software that helps you to have close monitor of the management.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP): The main function of ERP is to combine all functional areas that would be easily accessible to all the employees of the enterprise.
Disadvantages of enterprise systems:
- Implementing this software can be very expensive.
- It is often proved to be difficult and time consuming before implementation.
- Maintenance should be taken care of.
Large organizations can benefit from enterprise systems as they can gather information from various locations. It is important that the enterprise systems should be implemented in a proper manner or else it could turn out to be risky. Companies that are opting for enterprise systems should be careful about the right choice of software. Selection of software depends upon the organizational requirements. Enterprises should have a proper strategic planning before investing in the software, because the prosperity of the enterprise depends upon the software. It provides an integrated internal IT infrastructure.
Due to the rapid growth in the technology and customer oriented industry there is a huge demand of software in the market. It is essential for an organization to deliver the client’s project on time. But we find that due to lack of efficiency of the employees and the long process that is involved in the development leads to failure. These enterprise systems make the work of the employees easier and leads to proper delivery of the projects.