Have you ever noticed that passionate people tend to be the most successful people?
Are you passionate about your business?
If you are passionate about your business and its offerings, it shows through and that excitement can transfer to prospects, industry influencers, and the public at large.
If you enjoy what you do, you’re also going to be more apt to be happy to keep learning about your offering, what can make it better, and stay up to date with all industry happenings. That evolving knowledge and your continuous improvement principles can help you deliver value to your customers.
Passion and knowledge can be very strong sales tools!
Some people have a natural ability to sell. In many ways, passion is a big part of that. Passionate, enthusiastic salespeople do sell more. (A very good reason to make sure you love what you do, right?) Your belief in what you do can be infectious and it can also help you present yourself as a subject matter expert for your industry. If you believe in what you are doing, it shows. And very importantly, if you’re knowledgeable in your industry, you’ll be able to convey your passion in a way that will translate to value for your customers.
People are naturally attracted to excitement and passion and if you present yourself well, people will naturally refer other people your way, too.
Are You a Subject Matter Expert?
It’s vital to know as much as you can about your industry and your product or service. Being informed about your industry can help you become an expert in your field representing your brand. Becoming really knowledgeable about everything you can in relation to your product or service can help you become the go-to person for colleagues, customers, and your industry at large.
True passion is an honest sales tool.
People who see how much you believe in what you’re doing will be more inclined to trust you and buy from you.
Sharing information can be a very valuable exercise. It can help you show your knowledge and passion for what you do. Participate wherever you can in symposiums, conferences, small business workshops, and other events. This can be a great way to share your enthusiasm and expertise as well as be a great way to make some important connections.
For example, doing product demonstrations might be a great way to show that your product works exceptionally well and that you truly believe in it. Offering free advice to people in some other format, such as a free consultation or via a workshop can also a great way to open the door to future business opportunities.
Use the Information Highway
People continually cruise the information highway for information and you can use this, along with your passionate enthusiasm, to build relationships.
Sharing information online will it give you an opportunity to reach out and make new connections and it can help you put some prospecting efforts on autopilot as the information you share will business your way and help you create an online presence that oozes with value and professionalism. How?
- Write helpful articles related to your industry and make them available for syndication on websites in your industry. These articles can go viral and your byline could lead people back to your website. They could do this on an ongoing basis. You write it and syndicate it once and it could become a source of continuous referrals.
- Make useful and informative videos and post them on your website and on YouTube. Be enthusiastic and genuine and this could open great doors of opportunity on an ongoing basis.
- Consider doing podcasts or webinars online and use them to share information with prospects.
- Offer a free e-book or report that’s geared to your industry. Use that to showcase your knowledge and passion for your product or service and to lead people back to your online profile.
- Share information through joint ventures in your industry. If you know successful industry professionals related to your field, consider partnerships or joint ventures that can help you help one another.
There are many ways to share information and illustrate your professional expertise. The doors it will open can be profitable and lead to additional income streams. And the best part is that you’ll be sharing information about something you truly believe in.