Each site has its own characteristics and particularities should be respected. Therefore, not all the points mentioned below can be applied. But by applying the vast majority of them, we can generate patterns of construction and development to ensure quality sites with good acceptance and use.
The points are:
Guide and lead the user: During navigation you can get lost in the pages. Therefore, to minimize this dispersion, the site should always inform the user what page it is, how you got there and what are their output options.
Readability, aesthetic and quantity of information: The less the user is distracted by unnecessary information, the more likely to find what he is really looking for.
You should always control his actions: The actions on the site should be reversible.
Site’s ability to adapt to the context and needs of the user: Due to the diversity of users and their ways of interacting with the site, it is necessary that the interface is flexible enough to accomplish the same task in different ways.
Avoid the most of the errors occur: The lower the probability of errors, interruptions are smaller and better the performance and user satisfaction.
Standard and usability of interface choice: A good site should be easily recognized, identified and used by users.
Compatibility between the site and the application context: The site must have a language familiar to the user. Therefore, we should not use technical terms related to web technology.
The tests are important because:
- Only the development process does not guarantee that the product is free from defects;
- The tests indicate the presence of defects in the product;
- When a product is not tested, there is a good chance that the product contains errors or defects, so this product will not meet customer and users needs;
- If the client is not satisfied with the product will hardly again hire the company to create new products;
- If a product does not meet the user needs, it simply substitutes another where their needs and expectations are best met;
- When there is no quality in the product, the company gets negative image;
- With the tests, you can have greater assurance that the product does not have critical errors, which, if any, can cause great harm to the client and / or users.
- With the tests, new customers will be interested in your products due to the recommendations.
Testing should be done for any type of website?
All sites must pass the test phase, because the test will be of the execution process of a site to determine if it met its specifications and worked properly in the environment for which it was designed. Its aim is to reveal the flaws in website, so that the causes of these failures are identified and can be corrected before the release of the website.
How professionals can create the habit of performing tests on products they develop?
Professionals who build quality habits will produce products with higher quality, and therefore will generate products with good acceptance and use. For this, we need to see the quality not as one more item in the product development process, but as a key factor that will ensure the satisfaction of customers and users.
What are the main test tools you use in your work?
Mantis Bug Tracker to manage defects of the tested software, soapUI for testing Web Services; OWASP to perform safety checks; Selenium IDE and WebDriver for automated software testing; TestLink , Rational Quality Manager and Team Foundation Server to manage software testing, with the specification of test plans, test cases and suites of tests, with the implementation of test cases, record the test results, generating metrics and reports, among others.