Running a marketing campaign and staying on top of every department, task, and project can be overwhelming, to put it mildly. Nowadays, companies rely on cutting-edge tools and software solutions when launching new products, entering new markets, or carrying out a brand new campaign.
Managing projects is complex, so it’s easy to get lost and drown in responsibilities. Luckily, dozens of marketing project management software options are at your disposal. This article will introduce the creme de la creme marketing tools world-renowned companies use.
If you scroll down, you’ll find detailed reviews of the best digital marketing project management software, including their strengths, weaknesses, and key features. We’ve also disclosed pricing information to help you stay within your budget. Let’s get started!
Best Marketing Project Management Software: Top Ten Tools to Consider
A high-quality marketing project management software allows you to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously while also staying on top of your marketing campaign and boosting team collaboration. Of course, this is just a glimpse of what these software solutions offer.
Check out the list below where we named our favorites. Hopefully, you’ll find a marketing agency project management software to help you manage day-to-day tasks and deliver your projects on time.
- monday.com — Overall best marketing project management software
- Hive — Top marketing project management software with excellent customization options
- Teamwork — Top marketing project management tool for building project visibility
- Zoho Projects— Ideal for boosting communication and project tracking
- Asana — Top marketing project management software for large teams and complex campaigns
- FunctionFox — Best software for resource management and allocation
- Workamajig — Excellent solution for creative industries
- Basecamp — Fantastic tool for team collaboration
- Wrike — Best PM tool for scaling organizations
- Trello — Software with the best built-in automation
Top Marketing Project Management Software Solutions Comparison — Features and Pricing
Now that you know which marketing project management software solutions meet our high standards, it’s time to go into more detail and discuss what each one offers. We’ve done many software reviews, so we know exactly what to look for.
We’ve carefully examined the product as a whole, its special features, and pricing. Moreover, the short reviews will highlight both positive and negative aspects of the software. That way, it will be easier for you to navigate the available options and choose the one that meets your needs.
1. monday.com — Overall Best Marketing Software for Project Management
monday.com is an all-encompassing digital marketing project management software. The award-winning platform is built to handle any workflow through its intuitive and user-friendly design. It also efficiently combines many features, like resource allocation, project management, dashboard reporting, and progress tracking.
- Reports — monday.com has many report templates, allowing you to create real-time insights and give feedback to your coworkers. You can also customize the report based on the project’s needs.
- Integrations — The marketing software for project management boasts 40+ integrations, like Slack, Adobe, Dropbox, Mailchimp, etc.
- Workflow automation — monday.com allows you to generate personalized automation rules without coding.
- Kanban method — You can easily prioritize tasks, balance all project demands, and integrate your preferred applications into the project.
- Collaboration features — Users can create a shared board and communicate with stakeholders and team members.
- Easy campaign tracking with personalized dashboards, Kanban, Calendar, and Timeline views, as well as Gantt charts
- Visual workload management for optimizing team capacity
- Neat mobile app to oversee projects and campaigns on the go
- Lack of project accounting and invoicing solutions
- Individual — Free
- Basic — $8 per month per user
- Standard — $10 per month per user
- Pro — $16 per month per user
- Enterprise — Available upon contact
All plans come with a 14-day free trial.
2. Hive — Top Marketing Project Management Software With Excellent Customization Options
Hive is an all-in-one software for project management packed with impressive features like native chats, Gantt charts, ready-to-use project templates, resource allocation, and customizable workflows. This tool supports over 1,000 integrations, so it’s no wonder teams at Starbucks, Google, and Uber use it on a daily basis.
- Portfolio views — Manage and overview all portfolios with this customizable feature.
- Native chat — Coordinate teams and increase collaboration using the native chat function.
- Priority setup — Create task prioritization and follow all team responsibilities.
- Flexible project layouts — Visualize your projects using Gantt, Kanban, or Calendar views.
- Workflow visualization tools
- Accurate time tracking sheets
- Powerful file sharing and communication tools
- 1,000+ integrations
- Several add-ons necessary for better functionality
- Solo — Free
- Teams — $12 per user per month
- Enterprise — Available upon contact
Hive also has a 2-week free trial for all plans.
3. Teamwork — Top Marketing Project Management Tool for Building Project Visibility
Teamwork is cloud-based software used by over 20,000 companies. The platform helps marketing teams manage initiatives and projects across various departments, ensuring smooth collaboration. The intuitive interface boosts task organization and productivity, while automated workflows increase project delivery and efficiency.
- Time tracking — See how your team members spend their time and easily track their progress for maximum efficiency.
- Useful integrations — Boost productivity and collaboration by integrating Gmail, Slack, HubSpot, Numerics, Float, PieSync, and hundreds more.
- Intake forms — Streamline and ease client communication using these forms.
- Budget management — Forecast the budget and organize your resources efficiently. Generate invoices and bills with just a couple of clicks.
- Workflow visualization — Use Gantt charts for neat and organized workflow. Track progress and keep your stakeholders and team members updated.
- Gantt charts for milestone tracking
- Resource allocation and organization
- Personalized project management
- Email integration and private messaging
- Limited functions in the free plan
- Poor CRM options
- Free — Five users max
- Deliver — $10 per user per month (at least three users)
- Grow — $18 per user per month (at least five users)
- Scale — Upon request
Each Teamwork plan has a 30-day free trial.
4. Zoho — Excellent for Boosting Communication and Project Tracking
Zoho software combines CRM, sales, marketing, automation, project management. You can efficiently allocate resources, create and manage tasks, and define deadlines for many projects. With this marketing software for project management, you can stay within your budget and meet predetermined deadlines.
- Planned and Actual charts — Use this feature to check whether you’ll meet the project standards or go past them.
- Subtask creation — Track current tasks and create subtasks for improved management.
- Native chatroom — Boost team communication and collaboration with the built-in chat feature. You can set it to be public or private.
- Customize project fields — Kanban boards allow you to visualize projects and customize them based on the company’s needs.
- Resource organization and allocation
- Billable and non-billable hour tracking
- Fantastic task prioritization tool
- Intuitive workflow visualization
- High learning curve
- Limited integrations
- Free — One user
- Basic — €49 per month (up to three users)
- Standard — €99 (up to five users)
- Professional — €249 (up to ten users)
- Enterprise — Available upon request
5. Asana — Top Marketing Project Management Software for Big Teams and Complex Campaigns
Asana is a marketing software packed with valuable features. The platform allows smooth navigation and has a neat onboarding process. The user-friendly interface allows you to easily plan, monitor, and organize projects. The workflow view shows which team member is overloaded and who can take on more tasks. That way, you can increase productivity and optimize the team’s performance.
- Various automation options — Easily automate different processes to boost productivity and overall campaign success.
- Custom dashboards — This marketing software for project management allows you to track project progress via custom dashboards.
- Task prioritization — Set priority levels for different tasks to ensure campaign success.
- Workflow process personalization — Use special boards to personalize workflows for your company.
- Team workload management — Monitor separate workloads and see whether they need to be reorganized.
- Scheduling via timelines and calendars
- Insightful project tracking tools
- Burnout prevention through workload management
- Approval and proofing feature for seamless client collaboration
- Vast selection of features that might be overwhelming
- There are better alternatives to Asana
- Basic — Free
- Business — $10.99 per month per user
- Premium — $24.99 per month per user
Asana features a 30-day free trial for all plans.
6. FunctionFox — Best Software for Resource Management and Allocation
FunctionFox is one of the top marketing project management software options that boasts a fantastic user experience and ensures smooth idea-to-action realization. It comes with many features, including time and expense tracking, file sharing, and team collaboration.
- Progress tracking — Follow the project progress through customizable dashboards and charts easily.
- Easy resource allocation and planning — Get instant insight into resource availability and workload.
- Custom report builder — Quickly generate reports for your team members and clients.
- Dedicated account manager — This person helps you set up the software and offers support as the company grows and its needs change.
- Email alerts for new project requests — Receive instant notification once a new request pops up.
- Easy budget tracking
- Insightful reports on the most critical projects
- Gantt charts for simple project planning
- Blogs for internal communication
- No workload management feature
- No free plan
- Classic — $5 per month per user
- Premier — $10 per month per user
- In-House — $20 per month per user
7. Workamajig — Excellent Software Solution for Creative Industries
Workamajig is a top marketing project management software that encompasses various departments — accounting, new business, media, creative, client management, traffic, and production. It helps create a dynamic and collaborative environment, while its design makes it perfect for both small businesses and enterprises.
- Several project management methodologies — You can easily plan and execute a project using a method you know and prefer (Kanban, Waterfall, or Agile).
- Simple time tracking — By tracking time, you’ll be able to manage billable hours efficiently.
- Team availability overview — Gain insight into team availability to plan resource allocation.
- Revenue forecasting — Manage the sales pipeline for more efficient workflow and overall project success.
- Unlimited free customer support — Workamajig offers complete support for your company until you get the hang of the software.
- Full spectrum of integrations (Google Sheets, Google Drive, Calendar, Plaid, Exchange 365, Strata, SMTP, Box.com, FastPay, etc.)
- Customizable dashboards and templates
- Solid scalability
- Built-in client relationship management features
- Slightly cluttered interface
- No free plan
- 5–9 users — $50 per user per month
- 10–19 users — $38 per user per month
- 20–49 users — $36 per user per month
- 50–99 users — $34 per user per month
- 100–1,000+ users — Available upon contact
8. Basecamp — Fantastic Tool for Team Collaboration
Basecamp is marketing software for project management that helps users keep track of the campaign execution. Its features include task delegation, project scheduling, and built-in live chat. It emphasizes team collaboration through a variety of tools.
- To-do lists — Create a to-do list and assign it to a team member. Then, track its progress on a dashboard.
- Group chat — The built-in chat eases the communication between teams and individuals.
- Task reminders — This feature helps you stay on top of every task and automatically follows up when the due date passes.
- Customized reports — Create unique reports for a better understanding of the team’s capacity and project progress.
- Helpful file sharing and communication tools
- Insightful customized reports
- Better collaboration via comments and a message board
- Special portal for client communication
- Lack of advanced project management features
- Customization slightly limited
- Personal — Free
- Business — $99 per month
Basecamp also offers a 30-day free trial for all users.
9. Wrike — Best PM Tool for Scaling Organizations
Wrike is an award-winning project management software for marketing suitable for small and medium-sized businesses. The platform is highly customizable, allowing you to create personal dashboards, workflows, and reports. The sleek interface will enable you to switch between Kanban boards or use interactive Gantt charts with ease.
- Customizable workflows — Create personalized workflows, boards, and task tracking for better project execution.
- Powerful team collaboration tools — Use live editing functions to work in sync with your team and rely on the built-in live chat function for easy communication.
- End-to-end visualization — Visualize and track your campaign or project from start to finish.
- Project prioritization — Manage multiple projects based on their importance.
- Instant insight into the overall performance with custom reports
- 400+ integrations
- Variety of marketing interfaces (Kanban, Table, and List)
- Wrike Analyze feature for detailed insights
- Overwhelming number of features
- No task reminders
- Free — Up to five users
- Professional — $9.80 per user per month (up to 200 users)
- Business — $24.80 per user per month (up to 200 users)
- Enterprise — Available upon contact (unlimited number of users)
10. Trello — Software With the Best Built-in Automation
Trello is simple marketing software for project management ideal for smaller marketing teams. Each project is created as a Kanban board with cards that can be organized into different categories. You can also integrate Trello with many apps and programs and manage all projects in one place.
- Built-in automation — You can automate daily recurring tasks for a more customized workflow.
- Simple project tracking — Use several views (Board, Map, Timeline, and Table) to track every task and project easily.
- Easy team collaboration — Share files and use comment options to boost cooperation and communication.
- Intuitive dashboard — Drag-and-drop feature helps you organize ongoing and finished tasks more efficiently.
- Neat Trello task cards
- Easy-to-use and customizable tool
- Relatively cheap compared to other PM software
- Simple built-in automation
- Not very scalable
- Lack of more complex functions
- Standard — $5 per user per month
- Premium — $10 per user per month
- Enterprise — The price varies depending on the number of users
How to Choose the Right Marketing Project Management Software: Things to Consider
Nowadays, each software claims to be the best on the market, making it nearly impossible to choose one. If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of options, you should take a step back and consider the following — the needs of your business. In the end, the best project management software for marketing is the one that benefits your company and allows it to grow.
So, as you scour the available tools, make sure you have answers to these two questions — What do you need, and why do you plan on using the marketing project management software in the first place?
Below, you can see several crucial aspects you should consider when looking for the right software solution.
Nobody wants to waste time wading through a cluttered interface. You and your clients should have access to a platform with simple navigation. That way, you won’t waste time finding your way around the software — everything should be neatly organized. So, you need to ask yourself: Does the tool you’re using have a balance between powerful features and a strong user experience?
Part of choosing the right software involves its scalability. The tools your company uses must be scalable, i.e., have the capacity to follow your company as it grows. Some companies began using one tool because of its low price but then moved on to another because the previous one wasn’t flexible enough to meet its needs in the long run.
As a project manager, you’ll have to assess the company’s and project’s needs. That way, you’ll be able to identify essential features of the software. While some companies require better collaboration or communication tools, others need help managing the tasks. Determine which features you can’t work without and use them as a guide when looking for the right marketing PM software.
The pricing always depends on your company’s needs and size. Therefore, assess what you need and then see whether the software price/feature ratio is appropriate and acceptable for you. Make sure you’re not paying for unnecessary features you won’t actually use.
Team Collab Availability
Regardless of the type of industry you work in or the project you’re running, you can’t realize your goals without strong teamwork and collaboration. So, to ensure everything runs smoothly and avoid potential problems or delays, find software with excellent collaboration features. You could instantly share files with your coworkers or clients or give instant feedback.
Marketing PMs need to monitor several elements — growth rates, campaign development, content creation, ad management, and more. That’s why you should always pick flexible software that allows you and your team members to customize it based on the project’s needs.
Conclusion: What Is the Best Marketing Project Management Software?
Based on our detailed reviews, the best marketing project management software is Monday. It’s a comprehensive tool with impressive features and integrations that ensure smooth project execution and improved team collaboration.
Of course, you know what your company and projects need to be successful. Therefore, you should consider other free marketing project management software solutions, test them, and see which one works best for your business. One of them will surely meet your needs and help you stay within your budget.
Read more: The best overall project management tool