Inventory software is used by businesses to manage their stock and track inventory levels. The best inventory software can help businesses to keep track of what they have in stock, how much it is worth, and when it needs to be replaced.
There are a number of different inventory software programs available, and the best one for your business will depend on your specific needs. It can be difficult to decide which inventory software is right for your business, so here’s a rundown of the best inventory software programs on the market.
In this guide, we review the top inventory management software for 2022, ranking them by analyzing factors such as price, features, pros and cons.
Our Pick for the Best Inventory Management Software: Zoho Inventory
If you’re like most business owners, you know that inventory management is essential to your success. But what’s the best software for doing it?
There are a lot of options out there, but we think Zoho Inventory is the best. It’s easy to use, versatile, and affordable.
Zoho Inventory is a cloud-based software that makes it easy to track your inventory. You can easily create and manage purchase orders, track stock levels, and receive real-time alerts when you’re running low on inventory. Plus, Zoho Inventory integrates with other Zoho apps, making it a great choice for businesses on the hunt for a fantastic project management software.
If you’re looking for affordable and simple inventory management software, Zoho Inventory is a great choice.
The Best Inventory Management Software 2022
Listed below is the best inventory management software you may consider using for 2022. Their features, price, pros, and cons were considered during the compilation of this list.
- Zoho Inventory – Best Inventory Management Software for 2022
- Ecomdash – Best Dropshipping Inventory Management
- Agiliron – Best for Business-to-Business Stores
- Ordoro – Ideal for Ecommerce Inventory
- Orderry - Best Inventory Management Software for Repair Shops & Services
- Cin7 – Best Software With ERP Solution
- Upserve - #1 Restaurant Inventory Management Software
- Katana – Manufacturing Inventory Tracking Software
- Oberlo – Ideal for Small Dropshipping Businesses
- Lightspeed – Top inventory Management for Retailers
The Best Inventory Management Software – Compared
Let’s take a look at each of the software you may consider using for your inventory management in your business.
1. Zoho Inventory – Best Overall Inventory Management Software
The benefits of Zoho Inventory are numerous. Beginning with a rather complete free plan, Zoho enables users to accept backorders on out-of-stock products, set up dropshipping, and manage multi-currency transactions. This allows small businesses to maintain an ordered inventory without worrying about their tight financial resources.
However, if you want to increase your subscription, you receive better features. You may integrate several Shopify stores into your account, manage industry at multiple warehouses, and take advantage of serial number and batch tracking. Moreover, Zoho has tools that also make it a competent enterprise project management software.
1. Item Management – You can create and manage items in your inventory, including adding pictures, assigning SKUs, setting up variants (e.g. size or colour), and more.
2. Customer Lifecycle - You can track your customers and their interactions with you, including what items they’ve ordered in the past, whether they are repeat or new customers, and more.
3. Vendor Relations – You can track your vendors and their interactions with you, including what items they’ve provided, bills, payments, and more.
4. Order Management - You can manage your orders from start to finish, including creating orders, processing payments, tracking shipments, and more.
- Can handle multiple stores
- Mobile app
- Offers kitting tools
- POS integrations need work
Pricing: $79.00 per month
|Zoho Inventory||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
2. Ecomdash – Best Dropshipping Inventory Management
Users may manage all of their own e-commerce channels from one location with the help of Ecomdash’s inventory management system and order fulfilment.
Software for inventory management called Ecomdash was created for small and medium-sized multi-channel internet retailers. It’s an automatic inventory management system that synchronizes your inventory levels throughout all of your various channels and even lets you alter the inventory rules for each channel separately.
The best part is that Ecomdash gives training, support, video tutorials, and articles to assist you in setting up your account in addition to letting you get started without charge.
1. Multi-Warehouse Dropship Management – With Ecomdash, you can manage and fulfil orders from multiple warehouses. This makes it possible to dropship from multiple warehouses without having to manage and track inventory in each one.
2. Channel Management – You can create rules for each channel that are specific to that channel. For example, you can set a rule that dictates how much inventory is available for sale on Amazon, but set a higher threshold for eBay.
3. Order Management – Ecomdash lets you manage orders across all of your sales channels in one location. This makes it easy to keep track of order history, shipping information, and more.
4. Barcode Scanning – With Ecomdash’s barcode scanning feature, you can quickly and easily add items to your inventory by scanning the barcodes.
- Excellent customer support
- Multi-channel inventory
- Website sync
- Not for large enterprises
Price: $25.00 per month
|Ecomdash||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
3. Agiliron – Best for Business-to-Business Stores
Agiliron is a multichannel management system with features for retail, wholesale, social commerce, and e-commerce. The information is not compartmentalized thanks to this program, which makes it easy to discover what you need wherever you are.
For establishing bespoke orders, it includes extensive B2B and B2C inventory features, as well as kitting capabilities, assemblies, matrix items, and product substitutes. This system rates well on our list despite being more expensive and sophisticated than Zoho due to its extensive e-commerce applications, which include wholesale, B2B, and B2C enterprises.
1. Single Database – All product, inventory, and customer information are accessible from a single screen no matter where you are in the program.
2. Price Books – You can create price books for different customers or groups of customers, and even specify discounts for specific items.
3. Fulfillment – You can set up fulfilment rules to automatically send orders to the correct warehouse, and even split orders between warehouses.
4. Accounting Module - The accounting module integrates with QuickBooks, and can automatically post inventory transactions to the general ledger.
- Unlimited orders
- Amazon and eBay integrations
- Multi-currency support
- Can be pricey
Pricing: $99.00 per month
|Agiliron||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
4. Ordoro – Best for Ecommerce
When you’re managing several sales channels, it’s challenging to use effective inventory management strategies. Thankfully, Ordoro simplifies multichannel selling. To change descriptions, pictures, branding, and other aspects of your items across all (or some) of your sales channels as you see fit, you may build master products using Ordoro and add them to your inventory management system.
Additionally, Ordoro provides vendor management tools that simplify dropshipping. You may, for instance, assign suppliers to particular items in your catalogue. Then, if a client places an order for those products, Ordoro can automatically route the order to the proper vendor, eliminating the need for a middleman (you), increasing supply chain efficiency, and guaranteeing that your customers receive their purchases as soon as possible.
1. Kitting – Kitting allows you to create master products in Ordoro and then add those products to your inventory management system. When you use kitting, you may change descriptions, pictures, branding, and other aspects of your items across all (or specific) sales channels. This can be especially helpful if you’re using multiple sales channels and want to maintain a cohesive brand image.
2. Dropshipping – Ordoro’s vendor management tools make it easy to dropship products. With Ordoro, you can assign suppliers to particular items in your catalogue. Then, if a client places an order for those products, Ordoro can automatically route the order to the proper vendor, eliminating the need for a middleman (you), increasing supply chain efficiency, and guaranteeing that your customers receive their purchases as soon as possible.
3. Automated Order Routing – Ordoro’s automated order routing feature ensures that your customers receive their orders as quickly as possible. With this feature, Ordoro can automatically route orders to the appropriate supplier, eliminating the need for a middleman. This increases supply chain efficiency and guarantees that your customers receive their purchases as soon as possible.
4. Inventory Management – With Ordoro, you can easily manage your inventory across all of your sales channels. Ordoro’s inventory management system makes it easy to add and remove items, update stock levels, and more. This ensures that you always have accurate information about your inventory and that you never run out of products.
- Offers shipping discounts
- Free onboarding
- Multi-warehouse support
- No mobile app
Pricing: $59.00 per month
|Ordoro||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
5. Orderry – Best for Repair Shops & Services
We chose Orderry for our list because it offers reliable tools for repair shops of all sizes and types, from one-man auto parts shops to businesses that specialize in computer services. Unlike the other applications on our list, Orderry’s management system allows you to keep track of equipment, supplies, and even the objects your customers leave in your care.
It also provides work order management, which converts leads into recurring business, and provides a calendar among other features. It’s also the most affordable inventory management solution on our list.
1. Work Order Processing – Turn customer inquiries into work orders, track their progress, and keep records of completed work. It also comes with scheduling tools to help you manage your time.
2. Lead Routing – Efficiently move leads through the various phases of your process by creating chains of statuses that draw on your business logic. Follow up with prospects as they come in through various channels, such VoIP calls, internet apps, or social networks.
3. Offline + Online Sales - Keep track of your inventory levels and sales whether you’re online or offline. Orderry syncs with your web store, Point-of-Sale, and other sales channels to keep everything up-to-date.
4. Error-Free Computing of Sales Tax – Make sure you’re always calculating sales tax the right way by letting Orderry take care of it for you. It supports various tax jurisdictions and automatically updates with changes to the law.
- Great for auto services, repair shops, etc.
- Client and work order tracking
- Limited integrations (API and Zapier)
Pricing: $19.00 per month
|Orderry||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
6. Cin7 – Best Software With ERP Solution
Each module you add to your plan for the majority of enterprise resource planning (ERP) platforms will incur a fee. These platforms include modules for every area of your organization, including accounting, point of sale, inventory, and shipping. These expenses build-up, making ERP systems absurdly pricey for all but the biggest businesses.
By providing built-in modules that are included with your plan as standard, Cin7 ERP software deviates from the norm. Along with a fully integrated POS system, Cin7 also includes a payment site, B2B eCommerce tools, and manufacturing functions. And that’s on top of the capabilities that your inventory solution should provide, such as barcode scanning, inventory tracking, and order fulfilment.
1. Third Party Logistics – Cin7 allows you to outsource your warehousing and fulfilment needs. You can connect with a number of third-party logistics (3PL) providers who will help you manage your inventory, pick, pack, and ship your products.
2. Warehouse Management - Cin7’s warehouse management system (WMS) allows you to track your inventory in real-time, so you can always ensure that you have the stock you need on hand. You can also set up rules for how inventory should be handled, such as minimum and maximum stock levels.
3. Custom Dashboard – Cin7’s customizable dashboard provides you with an at-a-glance overview of your inventory, sales, and orders. You can easily track your top products and customers, as well as see how your business is performing overall.
- Cross channel-syncing
- Dynamic inventory
- Multi-channel support
- Can be expensive and no free trial
|Cin7||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
7. Upserve – Best Restaurant Inventory Management Software
For those in the food and beverage sectors, there is Upserve restaurant inventory management. Managers and company owners have access to POS systems that run on Android or iOS thanks to inventory management software like Upserve.
With a consolidated platform to manage their whole organization, this cloud-based inventory management system enables companies to quickly boost efficiency, track orders, and maximize revenues. Additionally, as Upserve is a system for managing restaurant inventory, you may define access levels so that managers can safely authorize changes to checks and establish automated tip amounts.
1. Workforce Management – Upserve offers a workforce management system that allows managers to keep track of employee hours, schedule changes, and send out notifications.
2. Tip Adjustments – Adjusting tips is a breeze with Upserve. You can automate gratuity amounts, change them on the fly, or even disable tipping altogether.
3. Check-splitting – Upserve allows you to split checks easily, whether it’s between different parties or different currencies.
4. Integrated Logbook - Keep track of your inventory and orders with Upserve’s integrated logbook. This will help you keep a clear view of what you’ve ordered, when it was delivered, and more.
- Ingredients cost breakdown
- Menu reports
- Easy POS integration
- Order system needs work
Pricing: $59.00 per month
|Upserve||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
|$59.00||Free 50 Customers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
8. Katana – Best Manufacturing Inventory Management Software
Manufacturers can handle many types of inventories, such as raw materials, finished items, and work-in-progress, thanks to Katana. With the help of this automated inventory management system, you can monitor inventory movements in real-time and make changes to your workflows that will cause goods to be automatically reallocated in order to comply with the modified workflow.
The best part is that Katana lets you establish reorder points on your raw materials and finished items so you can stop your stock from running out and shutting down your business.
1. Multichannel Sales and Manufacturing Management – Katana helps manufacturers keep track of inventory across all sales channels, whether it be online, in-store, or a combination of the two.
2. Raw Material and Finished Goods Management – Katana lets you set reorder points for your raw materials and finished items so you never run out of stock.
3. Barcode Scanning – Katana supports barcode scanning so you can quickly and easily input information about your inventory.
- Real-time inventory management
- Visual production planning
- Sales order fulfilment
- Returns management needs work
Pricing: $99.00 per month
|Katana||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
9. Oberlo – Best For Small Dropshipping Businesses
Oberlo is a program for managing inventory for small business owners. Oberlo gives users the option to alter the product information and graphics to better reflect their brand.
Let’s say a consumer buys goods from you that you will be dropshipping. If so, you may use a single dashboard to set up direct consumer delivery of your items by importing them straight into Shopify stores.
1. Inventory Monitoring – Oberlo provides users with an inventory monitor which will alert them when they are running low on a product. This prevents you from unexpectedly running out of a product and not being able to fulfil orders.
2. Product Sourcing – Oberlo makes it easy for users to find products to sell online. Oberlo offers a wide variety of products from suppliers all over the world.
3. Automatic Order Fulfillment – Once an order is placed, Oberlo will automatically fulfil the order for you. This takes the hassle out of fulfilling orders and allows you to focus on growing your business.
4. Shipping Tracking – Oberlo automatically tracks the shipping of your products and provides you with a tracking number. This allows you to easily keep track of your shipments and ensure that they are delivered on time.
Pricing: $29.00 per month
|Oberlo||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
10. Lightspeed – Best inventory Management for Retailers
Popular retail point-of-sale (POS) software Lightspeed Retail is well renowned for its inventory management capabilities. With Lightspeed, retailers can track inventory levels, set up alerts when stock falls below a certain threshold, and create purchase orders.
Lightspeed also integrates with other popular software such as QuickBooks and Shopify, making it an even more powerful tool for managing a business’ inventory. For example, if you’re using Shopify to run your online store, you can connect your Shopify account to Lightspeed to keep your inventory in sync between your online and physical stores.
Because Lightspeed focuses on retailers, you may select from a range of company types when you are browsing the site, like fashion, CBD stores, gift shops, homes, etc. Lightspeed will then demonstrate how its platform can be used in your particular retail industry.
1. Inventory Management – What sets Lightspeed Retail apart from other POS software is its inventory management abilities. You can manage all of your inventory levels in real-time and across several locations and channels. This means that you can keep track of what is selling well, what needs to be reordered, and where any discrepancies may be occurring.
2. Mobility and Cloud Access - With Lightspeed Retail, you have the freedom to work from anywhere. All of your data is stored in the cloud, so you can access it from any device with an internet connection. This also means that you never have to worry about losing any important information if something happens to your computer.
3. Integrated Payments – Lightspeed Retail integrates with a number of different payment processors, so you can accept payments from customers via credit card, debit card, or PayPal. This makes it easy for your customers to pay for their purchases and helps to reduce the time you spend processing payments.
4. CRM - Lightspeed Retail also includes a CRM system that helps you keep track of your customers’ contact information, purchase histories, and other important data. This makes it easy to find the information that you need and to provide better customer service.
- Easy integrations
- Unlimited inventory
- Offers CRM
- No free plan
Pricing: $129 per month
|Lightspeed||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
Best Inventory Management Software – Comparison Table
The following comparison table gives you an overview of the ten best inventory software reviewed above.
|Software||Price||Free Trial||Mobile App||Vendor Management||Integrations|
|Upserve||$59.00||Free 50 Customers||Yes||Yes||Yes|
What is Inventory Management Software?
Inventory management software helps businesses manage their inventory by enabling them to keep track of what they have in stock, how much it costs, and when it needs to be replaced. There are many different inventory management software applications available, so it is important to find one that meets your business needs.
How Can Inventory Management Software or Inventory Tracking Software Help My Business?
Inventory management software provides businesses with a way to keep track of their inventory. It can help them keep tabs on how much inventory they have, what it costs, and when it needs to be replaced. This information can help businesses make more informed decisions about their inventory and how to best manage it.
What are the Different Types of Inventory Management Software?
Inventory management software falls into two broad categories: warehouse management systems (WMS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
A WMS is a specialized software application that helps manage the movement of goods within a warehouse. It typically includes features such as bin location tracking, real-time inventory updates, and order tracking.
ERP systems are comprehensive business management applications that include modules for inventory management. They offer a broader range of features than WMS applications, including financials, HR, and supply chain management.
There are also a number of standalone inventory management applications that may be a better fit for smaller businesses or businesses with more limited needs.
What is the Best Warehouse Inventory Management Software?
EcomDash is the best inventory management software for warehouses because it offers a comprehensive feature set that is suited for dropshipping inventory, multi-channel inventory, and traditional warehousing. EcomDash allows users to manage their inventory from a single dashboard and makes it easy to track stock levels, sales data, and shipping information.
What is the Best Free Inventory Management Software?
Oberlo is great for those who are starting out with dropshipping because it is a free platform that allows you to easily find products from suppliers and add them to your store. With Oberlo, you can manage your inventory, track orders, and view sales data.
What Is The Best Inventory Management Software For Small Businesses?
The reason we are picking Orderry as the best inventory management software for small businesses is because its pricing is very affordable and it offers a wide range of features that are perfect for small businesses. It’s also ideal for repair and service businesses.
Is There a Free Inventory Management Software in Excel?
You can download a free inventory management template for Excel online. These templates were made to help small business owners track their stock levels, but they may not have all of the features that you need.
What is the Best Restaurant Inventory Management Software?
Katana is the best inventory management software for restaurants because it offers a feature set that is specifically designed for restaurants. With Katana, you can manage your menu items, track food costs, and forecast inventory needs.
What is the Best E-commerce Inventory Management Software?
One of the best e-commerce inventory management software applications is Ordoro. It has multi-channel order management, shipping integration, and reporting features that make it perfect for online stores.
Is There a Good IT Inventory Management Software?
Zoho Inventory is a great option for IT inventory management because it offers features that allow you to track and manage your hardware, software, and other IT assets. With Zoho Inventory, you can easily keep track of your inventory levels, warranty information, and purchase history.
How to Choose the Best Inventory Management Software
When it comes to inventory management software, there are a lot of different options to choose from. So, how do you know which one is the best for your business? Here are a few things to consider:
The features that are important to you
Each business is different, so it’s important to find inventory management software that includes the features that are important to you. For example, if you need to track your inventory in real-time, make sure the software you choose has this capability.
The size of your business
The size of your business also matters when it comes to choosing inventory management software. If you’re a small business, you don’t need software that’s designed for large businesses. Instead, look for software that’s designed for your size of business.
Another thing to consider when choosing inventory management software is your budget. Make sure the software you choose fits within your budget.
The company’s reputation
When it comes to software, not all companies are created equal. So, it’s important to do your research and find a company with a good reputation. This way, you can be sure you’re getting quality software.
The company’s customer service
Even the best software can have problems. So, it’s important to choose a company that has good customer service. This way, you’ll be able to get help if you need it.
Choosing the best inventory management software can seem daunting, but following these tips will make it easier.
Conclusion: What Is The Best Inventory Management Software?
Zoho tops the list as the best inventory management software. It offers a full suite of features that is both easy to use and customizable to fit the specific needs of your business. You can easily integrate it with other software to create a cohesive system that is tailored to your needs.
The fact that it is cloud-based means you can easily access and manage it from anywhere. If you are looking for inventory management software that is both affordable and versatile, then Zoho is the best option available.