If you’re in the market for a new website builder and are eager to get started on your project, then our list of the best websites for builders might help you choose! We’ve compiled this list of the top website builders for various niches to help you find which one is perfect for your needs. From WordPress, Wix, and SquareSpace, to Weebly, there’s bound to be something here that will suit all your needs.
Our Pick for Best Free Website Builder 2023: Wix
- You’ll need to consider a few factors prior to deciding on the best free website builder for you. Ease of use, flexibility, and a wealth of features are all key aspects that we’ve found in Wix.
- Wix is the best website builder of 2023. With hundreds of templates to choose from, you’ll create professional websites without even knowing a line of code.
- The drag-and-drop website building tools allow beginners or the technically challenged to build small business websites and personal portfolios quickly and effortlessly.
- Wix offers something for everyone. An extensive app store, loads of flexibility, and creative freedom are all impressive features that you can expect when you use the Wix website builder. With approximately 200 million users in more than 190 countries the world over, it’s easy to see why Wix is number one.
Best Website Builder for Small Business
Affordable, scalable pricing plans and easy-to-use SEO tools are the hallmarks of the top website builders for small businesses. Here are out top 3 picks:
1. Wix – best free website builder for small business
This is one of the best online website builders for small businesses that we’ve come across. We especially like how easy it is to create a website with amazing content and design thanks to their tools. With Wix, you can set up an amazing website for your project in just a few minutes, and even if you’re not tech-savvy you can still do it!
- Wix ADI – The Wix ADI uses artificial intelligence to build the perfect website for you. Just input key information, sit back, and relax.
- Easy to Customize – The drag and drop site builder makes it easy to customize every pixel of your site.
- eCommerce – This is a feature that many website builders don’t offer, but we love it. You can easily create your own online shop with Wix and sell your products to the world!
Pricing per Month: From $4.50 to $35
2. Site123 – free website builder and domain with 24/7 customer support
Site123 is a simple to use free website builder that does everything for you design-wise. Its name embodies exactly how the process works: building your website in three easy steps.
- ADI – Unlike most other website builders, Site123 has Artificial Intelligence built right into the platform. This makes it easy to make your site look professional within seconds.
- 24/7 Customer Support – Site123 is known for its great customer service. In fact, they believe that once you build your site, the real work begins when you actually use it.
Pricing per Month: Free to $5.80
3. SquareSpace – small business website builder with super SEO tools
SquareSpace has been one of the premier website builders for small businesses for a few years now, and it’s not hard to see why. Their platform features some of the best design templates available in the industry, it’s easy enough to use, and their customer service is top-notch.
- Super SEO – With their built-in SEO tool, you can easily optimize your website for Google and also give your site the maximum page ranking on page one of Google.
- Easy Setup – SquareSpace makes it easy to create a website with a few clicks, and they offer some of the best user requirements in the industry.
Pricing per Month: From $19 to $65
4. Weebly – easy website builder for small business
Weebly is another one of the top website builders for small businesses, and it’s known for its ease of use. This is the perfect option for anyone who wants a website builder that’s not too complex, yet still has all the features you need to succeed online!
- Weebly ADI – Their artificial intelligence technology makes it easy to build a professional website without needing to do any coding.
- Membership Capabilities – With this option you can even create a membership site for your business, or have visitors pay to access certain content.
Pricing per Month: $5 to $38
Free Website Builder
Are you looking for a free website builder? If you don’t have a lot of room in your budget or don’t want to pay for a website designer, there are several great options that you can use to create your own online presence. Here are the top website builders for free:
1. Jimdo – website builder free
Jimdo is the best free website builder you can use to create your own online presence. If you want to start out with a template that’s simple, but still looks professional, this is a great option for you!
- Professional templates – Jimdo’s comprehensive template library features hundreds of templates that are compatible with all the most popular operating systems.
- Mobile optimization – You can easily create a mobile-ready website with Jimdo that looks great on any device.
Pricing per Month: free to $49
2. Webflow – free website builder for small business and great third-party app integration
Webflow is one of the best website builders on the market, and its free version is actually a ton of fun to use. It’s not as easy to get started with as some of the other options, but once you master it you can create an unlimited number of beautiful websites.
- Integrations – You can integrate your site with thousands of third-party apps and services, including Twitter, Facebook, Yelp, PayPal, and Google Adwords.
- Parallax, scrolling, and animated design – With this platform, you can create all kinds of unique designs that are fun and interactive, even on mobile.
Pricing per Month: $15 to $300+
Best eCommerce Website Builder
eCommerce website builders are designed for anyone with an online business, whether you’re selling physical or digital products. Here are the best eCommerce website builder choices that you have:
1. Shopify – easy website builder with an excellent shopping cart system
Shopify is one of the top shopping cart systems that’s used by more than 600,000 stores in over 150 countries around the globe. It is especially known for its enterprise-level security and advanced features.
- Mobile shopping – You can create a fully-functional mobile-friendly store that is compatible with any device.
- Automatic social integration – Sharing your products to your social media accounts is simple and starts as soon as you publish them to your website.
Pricing per Month: $29 to $299
2. WooCommerce – top ecommerce website builder for small and big business owners
For a long while, you couldn’t throw a stone without hearing about WooCommerce, one of the most powerful eCommerce website builders. Since it’s integrated with WordPress, it has become a favorite of bloggers and small business owners alike.
- Complete control – You can customize every single aspect of your website, from header images to your social icons.
- Built-in SEO – With its built-in SEO functionality, you can optimize each page to rank on the first page of search engines for your targeted keywords.
Pricing per Month: Free
3. Magento – flexible ecommerce website builder
Magento is one of the most powerful eCommerce platforms available today, but it’s very difficult to use. Those who have a lot of time and patience should definitely consider using this platform to sell their products, but the average user might not enjoy it.
- A large number of extensions – With almost every feature imaginable available as an extension, Magento can be as powerful or simple as you need it to be.
- Catalog management – You can add a limitless number of products and custom options, along with multiple photos per page.
Pricing per Month: $100 to $190,000
Best Wedding Website Builder
Whatever your dream wedding is, whether it be for a traditional or rustic wedding or something more modern, you’re going to want your wedding website to be beautiful and functional. Here are the best wedding website builder choices that you have:
1. The Knot – free wedding website builder with fantastic templates
The Knot offers one of the best wedding websites that you can use to plan your special day. It provides several different free templates to get the ball rolling, and then it gives you access to all of the other features that are included with your paid subscription.
- Integrated registry – Track down potential suppliers, vendors, and caterers by searching by name or category.
- Ultimate photos editor – This will allow you to make some major edits on your photos that are not allowed in the free version of The Knot’s website builder.
Pricing per Month: Completely free
2. WeddingWire – great for their digital planning tool integration
WeddingWire is an easily customizable website builder app that you can access right from your mobile phone. It’s handy, and used by brides and grooms everywhere!
- Digital planning tool integration – Using the built-in planning tool, you can connect to your favorite service providers.
- Free mobile app – You can easily edit your wedding website from your phone or tablet using the free mobile app.
Pricing per Month: $24 to $35
3. WedSites – wedding website builder with complete planning features
Wedsite makes it easy for couples to work together on their dream wedding website. Furthermore, it integrates into some of the best wedding planning tools out there.
- Detailed guest list – Organize your guests by allocating them to tables and sending them personalized gifts.
- Complete planning features – Invitations, seating, and table plans are all provided as part of your subscription.
Pricing per Month: free to $199
Best Website Builder for Artists
If you’re an artist and you’re looking to build a website to promote your work, then there are a lot of different website builders that can help you. Some of the best options include:
1. Duda – top website builder for artists
Duda is the best website builder for artists that are looking to get their work online, but don’t want to waste hours trying to build a functional marketplace. Using Duda is as easy as playing a game of tic-tac-toe.
- White label email – All the templates are available for purchase, but you can easily customize them to match your unique style.
- No coding required – Create your website faster than ever before by using drag and drop features.
Pricing per Month: $19 to $59
2. Zyro – well-designed for mobile devices
Zyro is one of the best website builders for artists because it allows you to easily create a professional website without having to worry too much about the technical side of things.
- Mobile website builder – The website builder is designed for mobile devices, and it can be used on both Android and iOS.
- Page-building grids – Use the page-building grids to create your entire website with just a few clicks of your mouse.
Pricing per Month: $2.99 to $15.90
3. BigCommerce – great features to track yor artwork sales
BigCommerce is the best website builder for artists because it doesn’t skimp on any of the core features that you’re looking for in a provider. With a free trial and no transaction fees, you can get your online store up and running in no time.
- Sell digital goods – Sell digital or physical products, or start selling your own artwork.
- Revenue tracking – BigCommerce takes care of all of the numbers for you and keeps it simple for you to track your sales.
Pricing per Month: $29.95 to $269.96
Best Website Builder for Online Stores
If you’re looking to build an online store on the web, then there are a number of different website builders that you have available. Some of the best options include:
1. Ecwid – set up your online website in just 5 minutes
Ecwid is the best website builder for building an online store because it offers one of the most comprehensive solutions in the online marketplace. Whether you’re looking to sell digital goods or physical products, Ecwid has you covered.
- Online storefront – Build your online storefront with just a few clicks of your mouse.
- Quick onboarding – You can have your storefront up and running in just 5 minutes.
Pricing per Month: Free to $99
2. Web.com – online store website builder with advanced storefront features
Web.com is the best website builder for building an online store because it offers a solution that is specifically designed for eCommerce scalability.
- Advanced storefront – Web.com provides a feature-rich ecommerce storefront builder that allows you to easily integrate multiple payment processors.
- A/B testing – Create multiple variations of your page, and test them all with A/B testing in order to see which combinations work the best.
Pricing per Month: $22.95 to $42.95
3. Shift4Shop – great website builder for online boutique
Shift4Shop is the best website builder for artists because it offers an excellent blog and a lot of the features that you will find in larger, more established platforms.
- Multiple integrations – Shift4Shop integrates with almost every major eCommerce solution on the market today through third-party APIs.
- Business management tools – You can easily do accounting, time management, and billing, plus you can manage your clients with the help of their API integration.
Pricing per Month: Free to $229
Photography Website Builder
If you’re a photographer, don’t get hung up on websites. Instead, focus on creating a beautiful feed and using your new platform to connect with your fans. Here are our top choices:
1. Format – best photography website builder without coding required
The format is the best website builder for photographers because it’s built specifically for photographers. You’ll be able to easily showcase your work and connect with your fans without having to worry about technical issues.
- Photography templates – A large selection of templates are available for photographers, and you can easily create your own custom page to showcase your work.
- No coding necessary – You don’t need to know any code in order to build your new website.
Pricing per Month: $7 to $15
2. SmugMug – simple photography website builder
SmugMug is a great choice for photographers looking for a simple, clean interface that allows you to quickly showcase your work. That’s not all though — SmugMug also provides some of the best-advanced features for professional shooters.
- Unlimited storage – SmugMug provides unlimited storage for your photographs. If you’re looking to store thousands of images, then this is the platform for you.
- Professional shooter features – If you’re looking to monetize your photography business and offer prints for sale, then SmugMug is a great choice because of its professional shooter features.
Pricing per Month: $9 to $42
3. Pixpa – photography website builder with integrated SEO features
Pixpa is a great choice for students or artists looking for an easy-to-use website builder. The platform is very simple to use and boasts several different plans that make it even more budget-friendly.
- Automatic sitemaps – Pixpa creates a sitemap automatically, so you don’t need to worry about this step when you’re getting started.
- Sitewide SEO – All galleries are SEO-ready, so you don’t need to put in any extra work when it comes to search engine optimization.
Pricing per Month:$5 to $24
Best Blog Website Builder
Writers who want to start an online business often wonder how they can build a blog website. They may also be worried about how complicated it will be to do so, but that shouldn’t be the case. In fact, here are some of the websites that’ll make it easier for you:
1. WordPress – best blog website builder for all
WordPress is the best blog website builder because it’s completely free and consistent with thousands of bloggers around the world. Give it a try and you’ll quickly fall in love with how simple it is to get started.
- Widgets and integrations – You can easily add a variety of different widgets to your site and connect it with other third-party platforms.
- Advanced blog tools – A variety of advanced blog tools are available, including SEO optimization and social media integration.
Pricing per Month:Free to $45
2. Weblium – great blog website builder for beginners
Weblium is a great choice for bloggers who are looking for an easy-to-use platform that provides access to dozens of new features. You’ll be able to quickly set up a blog and customize it to create an amazing site.
- SEO-ready – All blog posts are automatically optimized for search engines and social media.
- Responsive design – Your blog will be responsive, so it’ll look great on any device.
Pricing per Month: Free to $15
3. Medium – best platform to build your blog following
Medium is more of a blogging platform than a website builder, but it provides many of the benefits you’ll enjoy with a typical website platform. It’s an excellent opportunity to get noticed by other bloggers and build a loyal following.
- Content management system – Medium is built from the ground up as a content management system, so no extra learning is required.
- Thousands of readers – When you’re reading other blogs, Medium is constantly recommending new content for you to read.
Pricing per Month:Free to $10
What is a Website Builder?
Websites are like the highways of the internet. They connect you to your customers, increase traffic, and make it easier for people to find what you’re trying to promote. Website builders are a way of creating your own website in a click or two so that you can take advantage of all these benefits.
Some of them are free, some are expensive. Some come with great tools to help you build and design a website, others leave a lot to be desired. Depending on your needs, there’s always a website builder out there that is just right for you.
What are the Advantages of Using a Website Builder or Website Maker?
While you can hire someone to create a custom website for you from scratch – or do it yourself, it takes time, money, and skill to do so. Not everyone is able to code an entire site nor can they afford to hire a good coding specialist to make it happen.
However, the biggest advantage of a website built from scratch is that you are able to make changes as precisely as possible. This helps you create a website that’s entirely on-brand. That said, a website builder can help you speed up the process. With the right tools, you can create a website in under an hour or two. Furthermore, if you want to make very specific changes, plenty of builders allow you to make changes by adding lines of code.
Here are the benefits of using a website builder:
Quick and Easy
The idea behind website builders is to make it as easy as possible for you to create your own site. Some of the best ones let you create beautiful, professional-looking sites without any prior coding knowledge. Using a website builder saves you time and energy, allowing you to spend more of your resources on what really matters – growing your business.
Streamlines Your Operations
From SEO to email marketing, many website builders come with integrations that make it easy to increase your online presence. This allows you to streamline your operations, allowing your site to be more focused on the important things (i.e making money).
For example, we came across one of the top online marketing companies and their new website builder. They can now create a custom landing page or link with an email signup form in a matter of seconds without having to spend time on coding or other technical knowledge.
While website builders are the most budget-friendly way of creating a professional-looking site, the price still varies from one builder to another. For instance, ClickFunnels is known to offer some of the most high-end templates and features for its users. However, some builders are free (while others do come with a cost). You can choose one based on your budget and also on what you plan to do with your site once it’s finished.
How To Build My Own Website on a Website Builder: Tutorial
Here’s how you can build your own website using a website builder. In this tutorial, we will use the well-known WordPress website builder.
Step 1: Sign Up to WordPress
The first step is to create an account. If you’re using a free website builder, then there’s no need to make a payment or enter your payment information. If you opt for a paid builder, then you’ll have to input your payment details.
Step 2: Choose a Theme
Once you’ve created your account, the next step is to choose a theme or template. You can search for one by entering keywords or scrolling through the available options and choosing a page that suits you best.
Step 3: Customize your website
Once you’ve chosen a theme, it’s time to customize your website. You can change the background, tweak the layout and make all the other changes you need to until it’s perfect for you.
Step 4: Enable Your Custom Domain Name
The next step is to set up your custom domain name. If you plan to host your site on an existing domain name, then this is handled for you already when registering for the various account features. Keep in mind though that you might not be able to do this if you use a free plan.
Step 5: Add Content
Finally, you can now add content to your site. This can include video, images, or text that you create yourself through a typing tool.
You can also research the best practices for writing good content that draws the right kind of customers at the right time.
Step 6: Publish
Once you’re done with the above steps, it’s now time for you to publish your site. You can do this by clicking a button and having your site live in seconds. Otherwise, click the “View My Site” tab to see how your site looks if you don’t want to publish just yet.
What if the Website I Want To Create Cannot Be Done on a Website Builder?
If you can’t achieve your ideal website design with a website builder, then you will need to hire someone to code it for you. With the right knowledge, you can be able to take care of it by yourself. But if you’re not in a position to do so, then the best thing to do is to work with a website coding expert that can help you create or adapt your website.
Conclusion: What Is the Best Website Builder for 2023?
The reality is that there are dozens of competent website builders on the market. So your choice will depend on your budget, usage, and of course, the features you’re looking for. We can, however, confidently recommend Wix as the best option for the right users.
So if you’re searching for a website builder that is easy to use and makes for an enjoyable website building experience without having to sacrifice features or appearance, give Wix a try today!
What is the number 1 website builder?
What is ClickFunnels?
What is the easiest free website builder to use?
What is Wix ADI?
Is WordPress safe?
How customizable is Weebly?
What is a drag and drop builder?
Can you blog on ClickFunnels?