Email marketing is an excellent way to build long-term relationships with your customers, but what good is a campaign that cannot be evaluated? As a marketer, your job doesn’t end with sending out emails to your customers; the real struggle is to keep a tab on who opened your emails, who didn’t, and the average engagement ratio.
To help you know your customers inside out and peek into their interaction with your emails, we have enlisted the top 13 best email tracking software for Gmail and Outlook based on usability, competence and features. Let’s get started!
Best Email Tracking Software: Best Tools for 2024
Amongst the plethora of options available for email tracking software, we have only picked the ones that excel in efficient email tracking, engagement measurements, guaranteed deliverability, and detailed insights. Here’s the complete list:
- Salesforce: Overall, the Best Email Tracking Software
- Right Inbox: Best Email Tracking Software for Follow-Up Emails
- HubSpot: Best Software For Comprehensive Marketing Solutions
- OmniSend: Best Free Email Tracking Software
- Campaigner: Best Email Tracking Software for Automation
- Saleshandy: Best Software for Email Link Tracking
- Mailtrack: Best Email Tracking Identifying Software
- Streak: Best Reviewed Email Tracking Software
- Mailtag: Best Email Tracking Software for Big Companies
- Yesware: Best Email Tracking Software for Personalization
- Leadboxer: Best Email Tracker for Beginners and Startups
- Mailbutler: Easiest Email Tracking Software to Use
- GetNotify: Best Free Email Tracking Software
Best Email Tracking Software – Compared
Want to know more about these tools before you make a choice? We’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know about our top email tracking software picks.
1. Salesforce: Overall, the Best Email Tracking Software
Salesforce is a powerful CRM and a valuable addition to any professional salesman’s toolkit. Its integrated email tracking feature lets you know when emails are delivered, opened, and acted upon. In addition, it helps with time management, as you’ll know which cold leads to avoid, focusing your attention on responsive recipients.
Besides being a huge time saver, Salesforce can help your business grow by improving your relationship-building efforts. Having an in-depth insight into your most loyal customers and their core interests allows you to provide a personalized experience and deliver value to your customers.
With Salesforce, you can turn your inbox into a selling machine thanks to its AI-powered insights and email tracking. You won’t have to waste your time with manual data entry, as all essential data is automatically captured and available from your mobile or desktop devices.
It has an intuitive dashboard that starts to fill with information as soon as you send your emails. You can set up various alerts to notify you when a certain threshold is met or check in regularly to keep track of everything.
Here is what we love about Salesforce:
- Email Templates – Your sales representatives can take full advantage of Salesforce’s email templates to cut down on the time they spend editing and drafting.
- Sales Analytics – Review your historical pipeline information, whitespace, business trends, and other valuable data to drive sales.
- Lead Scoring – Predict which leads could convert and why, allowing you to focus on the best deals.
- Opportunity Insights – Identify key business developments to ensure sales reps never miss a crucial opportunity.
Thanks to its 30-day free trial, you can try Salesforce Cloud risk-free before committing to a subscription.
It has four paid plans, and its most expensive plan includes its advanced Sales Cloud Einstein features.
- Starter: $25/user/month
- Professional: $75/user/month
- Enterprise: $150/user/month
- Ultimate: $300/user/month
- Frequent updates
- Track your revenue and expenses generation
- Highly customizable and intuitive dashboard
- Company health monitoring
- Einstein analytics requires proper training to understand
2. Right Inbox: Best Email Tracking Software for Follow-Up Emails
Right Inbox is one of the most reliable email tracking software out there. With over 250,000 customers, it serves some of the biggest market leaders, including brands like Netflix, Uber, and Salesforce.
What companies adore the most about Right Inbox is the freedom and convenience it brings to their daily business operations. You do not have to rely on the Right Inbox Dashboard.
Instead, you can simply download its chrome extension and connect it with your Gmail to easily track emails. With its email tracking extension, you can see all the people who opened your emails, the number of times they read, and the time it took them to see your email.
Its perfectly timed email tracking service also helps you follow up sooner with your customers for a higher conversion rate.
Here is what we love about Right Inbox:
- Email Scheduler: Schedule your email in advance to reach out to customers from different time zones
- Insights: Get detailed information on who sees your email and who doesn’t so that you can narrow down on your target audience.
- Sequence: Create follow-up emails in advance to help with automated email sequences for repetitive emails.
- Reminders: Set reminders on important conversations for faster and better follow-up
Right Inbox comes with a free plan limited to 10 email schedules, reminders, and monthly private notes, along with 5 email tracking, signatures, and templates.
On the other hand, you can enjoy all these benefits unlimitedly on the paid plan, priced at $5.95 a month billed annually and $7.95 billed monthly.
- Serves some of the biggest brands
- Excellent email tracking efficiency
- Automated sequence for faster follow-up
- Powerful insight to boost your email marketing results
- Lack of customer service
3. HubSpot: Best Software for Comprehensive Marketing Solutions
HubSpot is one of the oldest and most reliable email tracking software. Unlike other tools, HubSpot offers a comprehensive digital marketing solution that caters to various needs to build an online brand presence.
Starting from social media marketing to email marketing and CMS, it helps you with almost every aspect of marketing.
By informing you every time a prospect becomes a lead, it gives you enough time to personalize your outreach for them while you continue to automate your outreach for the rest.
What’s more, HubSpot also comes with a built-in activity stream that automatically logs in all information about your leads from day one so that you can review all the links they clicked on, the documents they downloaded, and how exactly they interacted with your email at a glance.
Here is what we love about HubSpot:
- Access Entire Customer History: Stop turning your mails over to find customer information. Get everything you want to know about individual leads at a glance with HubSpot.
- Better Follow-up: To stay on top of your customers’ minds, HubSpot gives them reminders to reply to a lead seconds after they open your email or click on a link.
- Instant Alerts: Instant alerts on your emails being opened give you enough time to prepare a personalized outreach.
- All-round Service: Since HubSpot offers comprehensive marketing solutions, you can integrate your email tracking feature with any other service you might need without switching tools.
After the free trial ends, you can choose any of these free HubSpot plans:
- Starter: $45/month for up to 1,000 contacts
- Professional: $800/month for up to 2,000 contacts
- Enterprise: $3200/month for up to 10,000 contacts
- Reliable email tracking software
- All-round marketing solutions
- Easy-to-manage customer profiles
- Excellent customer service
- Quite expensive
4. OmniSend: Best Free Email Tracking Software
OmniSend is incredibly easy to get started with. Signing up takes only a few minutes, and you can get started for free. The free plan is quite generous — It’ll allow you to use OmniSend’s advanced features, such as workflow creation, segmentation, and A/B testing, all for free.
That said, new users might need some time to wrap their heads around the platform and understand how it works, but thanks to its customer support team available 24/7, you’ll be able to resolve your queries anytime you want via email or phone call.
What we really liked about OmniSend is that it offers pre-designed templates for emails, pop-ups, and sign-ups. You can send out professionally crafted emails to hundreds within a few seconds.
Here are some of the best features of OmniSend:
- A/B Testing: Test multiple versions of the same email to check which is more likely to succeed
- Automation Workflows: Helps you automate replies and the sales funnel for each target group
- Unlimited Web Pushes: Encourages your customers to register and allows you to send notifications through web push notifications
- Customer Success Manager: An expert assigned to your company to help you increase your sales numbers
You can get started with OmniSend for free. It has all the basic features you’ll need to manage your email marketing campaigns and will support up to 250 contacts. As your company grows, you can also move to the Standard or Pro plan at $16/month and $59/month, respectively.
Both these plans support up to 500 contacts.
- Generous free plan
- 24/7 customer support
- Professionally designed templates
- Multiple segmentation options
- The contact limit for both the Advanced and Pro plans is the same
5. Campaigner: Best Email Tracking Software for Automation
Campaigner is one of the most advanced email marketing tools in the market. Best known for its robust automation features, it takes a lot of burden off your shoulders by automating key email marketing components.
For instance, if your lead has started off with the basic questions that every other new user asks, you can respond to them through automated replies instead of actually typing one out.
Another benefit of using Campaigner is that it supports multiple channels. Along with email campaigns, you can also reach out to your leads and customers through SMS. In fact, you can combine both SMS and email to drive your response rate higher.
If you want to retarget old leads or follow up with the ones who haven’t responded in a while, you’ll certainly love its recurring campaign feature. It’ll help you send automated emails in the order you decide, saving your team the time to manually manage an entire email campaign.
Here are some of the best features of Campaigner:
- Landing Pages: You can either use Campiagner’s powerful code editor or HTML to build your own landing pages.
- Social Media Integration: Integrate your email with your company’s social media profiles so that you can collect new leads and their information from multiple channels.
- Geolocation: Understand what your customer wants and deliver personalized content based on their location
- Drag & Drop Editor: Choose from 900+ responsive templates and customize them with its built-in visual editor to fit your brand needs.
The cheapest plan of Campaigner starts at $59 and supports up to 5k contacts, which is more than enough for a startup. Once you’re ready to invest more, you can opt for the Essential or Advanced plan priced at $179/month respectively.
These plans include additional features such as automated workflows, purchase behavior analysis, and more. Campaigner has a special plan for eCommerce companies with features like Magento and Shopify integration and unlimited contacts.
- 900+ responsive templates
- Lets you add custom fields on templates
- Seamless eCommerce integrations
- Lets you download the entire contact list in an excel sheet
- No free plan
6. SalesHandy: Best Software for Email Link Tracking
Analyzing the response your emails get is one of the easiest ways to understand the interest level of your potential customers, and that’s what SalesHandy specializes in.
With its email tracking feature, you can calculate the open rate of each email and dive deep into its history to see if your customers are interested in your chosen subject.
If you want to supercharge your follow-up efficiency, you can also turn on its desktop notification to get real-time updates whenever someone opens your email.
If the purpose of your email is to direct your customers to a certain page, SalesHandy’s link tracking feature can help you with that. It’ll show how many people click on the links attached to your email and visit the given page.
Another impressive feature of this tool is its email reply tracking feature that helps you identify the important customer emails from your flooded inbox.
Here is what we love about SalesHandy:
- Real-time Updates: Get real-time notification anytime someone opens your email to boost your follow-up efficiency.
- Organize Email Replies: Organised email lists to help you prioritize big-ticket clients so that you never miss out on quality clients.
- Link Tracking: Get insights on how your customer interacts with the links attached to your email.
- Team Report: Get automated reports on the performance of your entire email marketing team.
The free plan has remarkable features like unlimited email tracking and schedules and easy integration with Gmail. The paid plans include:
- Regular: $9/month/user for unlimited email tracking, team activity tracking, basic Mail Merge, email templates, etc.
- Plus: $22/month/user for advanced Mail Merge, team reports. Zapier Webhook integration etc.
- Link tracking for better insights
- Team reports that help with evaluation
- Trusted by 20k+ users worldwide
- Super cheap plans
- Canceling credit card is difficult
7. Mailtrack: Best Email Tracking Identifying Software
Unlike most other tools here, Mailtrack specializes in email tracking alone. With a more focused service approach, it caters better to commercial email tracking needs.
Trusted by renowned media houses like The New York Times, Buzzfeed, and Forbes, you can trust Mailtrack with your email tracking needs.
Mailtrack already serves 1,900,000 happy users with its free forever plan, easy integration, super-fast onboarding, reliable data, and real-time updates.
Here is what we love about it:
- Data Security: Your email marketing software contains sensitive information about your customer base as well as your own strategies. Mailtrack ensures that all information is safely locked away from potential intruders.
- Intricate Details: Mailtrack isn’t limited to one-time updates on your email status; it will keep informing you every time your customer interacts with your email
- Easy Installation: You don’t have to rely on Mailtrack’s Personal network for email marketing strategies. Simply download it, install the extension with a click and get all the updates you need on Gmail.
- Real-time Alerts: Don’t wait till the end of the day to get updates on your email performance. Mailtrack offers instant notification on every customer interaction with your email.
The biggest unique selling point of Mailtrack is its extremely affordable plans. The free plan is enough for startups and small businesses with features like unlimited tracking, real-time alerts, daily reports, etc.
The paid plans include:
- Pro: $1/user/month to remove the Mailtrack logo, get email support, link tracking, etc
- Advanced: $2.49/user/month for individually tracking group emails, campaigns, and reports, plus all pro features and much more!
You might find plenty of affordable email tracking software, but nothing will come close to the budget-friendly plans of Mailtrack.
- Affordable plans
- Full email tracking history
- Easy download and Gmail integration
- Long term updates on every email
- Free version emails are signed by Mailtrack
8. Streak: Best Reviewed Email Tracking Software
Although there are quite a few competent email tracking softwares on the market, the biggest issue with most is a lack of organization and categorization.
Streak outperforms them by creating an organized list of all your recently tracked emails to get a glimpse into your daily email marketing campaign and its performance on a single dashboard.
Next, Streak allows you to turn this feature on and off instantly by toggling over to the tracking icon (an eye-shaped icon right next to the send button). This is to help you manage your email tracking activities.
To help you save time individually responding to people who opened your last email, Streak allows you to send a group email to interested recipients. With Streak, you can get started in under 30 seconds and bid adieu to all email marketing hurdles.
Here is what we love about Streak:
- Well-organized: Save time on looking for tracked emails from your flooded inbox with its well-organized list of recently tracked emails.
- Group Email: Simplify responding to all interested leads by sending a group email to everyone who opened or responded to your last email.
- Easy-to-manage: Turn it on or off anytime you want by simply toggling over to the tracking icon on the Gmail compose window
- Fast Installation: Getting started only takes 30 seconds. Simply download and activate its chrome extension to begin.
The free plan includes a basic CRM limited to 500 actions, unlimited email tracking, and Mail Merge limited to 50. The paid plans include:
- Solo: $15/user/month with link tracking and Mail Merge and CRM limit extended to 500 and 5,000, respectively
- Pro: $49/user/month with shared pipelines, limitless advanced CRM, and Mail Merge extended to 1,500.
- Enterprise: $129/user/month with custom permission, data validation, and priority support.
- Easy to manage
- Easy and fast installation
- Over 700,000 users from the chrome store
- Organized lists to help you find emails quicker
- Expensive upgrades
9. Mailtag: Best Email Tracking Software for Big Companies
If you don’t want to be in the dark about the performance of your emails and what exactly happens with them once you hit send, try MailTag.
Apart from the basic features like giving you timely updates on your email open rate, engagement ratio, and link click-throughs, the biggest benefit of MailTag lies in its efficient email scheduling feature.
Each email scheduled under MailTag gets delivered right on time and is well managed by the scheduled email tracking feature. Also, using AI to better understand your customers, MailTag can help you find the right window to schedule your emails to give you the maximum open rate.
It also provides advanced insights in your dashboard to share more information about how often your email gets opened, who and where your email links are clicked on and the overall journey of your email.
Here is what we love about MailTag:
- Scheduled Email Tracker: MailTag not only helps to schedule emails but also offers a separate tracking feature for them after ensuring 100% successful deliverability.
- Advanced Analytics: MailTag does not stop at basic features like open rate. It dives deeper and tells you how many times an email has been opened and the customer interaction with the email links.
- Better Scheduling: Using AI to understand your customer’s behavior helps you find the best time to send an email to get maximum response.
- Team Collaboration: With features like team activity reports, easy invites, and team statistics, MailTag is perfect for big teams working together.
MailTag has a pretty straightforward pricing plan. First, you can try it for free without entering your credit card information. After that, you can go ahead with its paid plan, priced at $12.99/month/user billed monthly and $9.99/month/user when billed annually.
- Excellent scheduling feature
- 100% deliverability for each email
- Best for big teams
- Extra information with Advanced Analytics
- Minor glitches
10. Yesware: Best Email Tracking Software for Personalization
Yesware has a loyal customer base of over 6,000 brands, including renowned industry leaders like Yelp, Groupon, and Monday.com. In email marketing, every moment and interaction is crucial, and that’s why Yesware remembers to update you about every significant development.
Get separate timings for when a lead opens an email, clicks on the link and views attached files all at one glance from individual lead profiles.
For a better insight into your customer interaction, you can use Yesware’s activity feed which tells you the average time it takes for leads to open a new email, the total number of emails sent, the number of people who viewed and are yet to view and the portion of the email read.
Your dashboard also prepares weekly performance reports for you to check on the activity of the entire week at one glance. With personalization to better subject lines and perfect timing, Yesware helps you win more business.
Here is what we love about Yesware:
- Better Personalization: Understand your customer’s needs, personalize each email to the best of its capability, and schedule them right on time.
- Informative Dashboard: Know your customers Inside out with comprehensive analytical detail on their interaction with your emails through an informative dashboard.
- Weekly Reports: Look at your weekly performance from your dashboard to plan for the coming week.
- Timely Alerts: Get notifications on every stage of customer interaction, from when your emails are opened to when the attachments are read; Yesware will keep you informed at all times.
Yesware has comprehensive pricing plans. The free plan covers basic email and mail attachment tracking. Its paid plans include:
- Pro: $15/user/month best for solopreneurs and small businesses
- Premium: $35/user/month best for growing teams
- Enterprise: $65/user/month best for large corporates
- Custom: For enterprises that have larger needs
- Intricately detailed insights
- Super informative dashboards
- Weekly reports for better performance assessment
- Timely alerts at every step
- Can’t track emails for individuals who blocked tracking
11. Leadboxer: Best Email Tracker for Beginners and Startups
From email campaigns to newsletters and even individual emails, Leadboxer has made tracking your email interactions easier than ever. Track who opens your emails and clicks on your links with the intuitive Leadboxer insight feed.
The best part is that Leadboxer’s email tracker allows you to separately identify website customers to use the customer information from your email campaigns to optimize the experience for your website users.
Combining email and website information makes viewing customer profiles simple and clutter-free. Also, Leadboxer makes identifying your leads and extracting information about their needs far easier by registering and monitoring each recipient’s IP addresses and email domains.
Here is what we love about Leadboxer:
- Focused on Email Tracking: If you want a tool to just track your emails, Leadboxer is a great choice. It won’t waste your time having you navigate through multiple features like other email marketing tools.
- Best for Startups: It’s difficult for startups to understand and manage multiple complex KPIs. Leadboxer keeps it simple with only the metrics that matter.
- Identity Old Leads: Since customers on Leadboxer are thoroughly tracked, identifying the past behavior of your leads becomes simpler.
- Website Integration: Identify leads from your website and evaluate your website performance with Leadboxer.
Leadboxer doesn’t have a free plan. After the free trial, you can choose any one of these paid plans:
- Basic: $216/month with unlimited leads and email tracking, technical support, standard integrations, etc
- Premium: $548.31/month with cross-domain tracking, custom dashboards, premium integrations, etc.
- Simple and user-friendly features
- Seamless website lead recognition
- Heavy user behavior tracking
- Focused only on important KPIs
- Limited features
12. Mailbutler: Easiest Email Tracking Software To Use
If you need a comprehensive email tracking software but do not wish to go through the learning curve of getting accustomed to using it, Mailbutler is a good choice. This tool integrates seamlessly into the email client, right with your inbox.
So, it will be more like an added extension to your mailbox, and you need not learn to use a new software. Besides its seamless integration with every major email client, Mailbutler offers various helpful insights through notifications and detailed dashboards.
These include the number of times a recipient opened a certain mail, the gap between those openings, reply timing, etc.
Here is what we love about Mailbutler:
- Scheduling Emails: In case you wish to send an email at a specific time of the day, Mailbutler will help you schedule it in advance.
- Real-time Updates: Mailbutler will give you real-time notifications as and when your recipients open your emails.
- Custom Signatures: Using Mailbutler, you can add custom signatures to your emails to give them a more authentic look.
- Tracking of Files and Email Links: You can easily identify prospective customers thanks to Mailbutler’s advanced file and email link tracking feature. This feature will provide details on how often the recipient clicked on the link and when.
Maibutler offers the following three plans:
- Unlimited emails accounts
- Undo send option
- Attachment reminders
- $8.81 per month
- Message templates
- Follow-up reminders
- Scheduling mails
- $33.18 per month
- Tracking details
- Custom signatures
- Branding capabilities via signature and company logo
- Scheduling and snooze features
- Easy to use
- Helpful notes
- Regular updates by the developers
- It might slow down Apple Mail
13. GetNotify: Best Free Email Tracking Software
Say you’re a small business owner and can’t afford a paid software. In that case, GetNotify, the best anonymous email tracking software besides Yesware will be a good option. The fact that GetNotify is absolutely free doesn’t translate to it having sub-par features.
You’ll receive a detailed receipt containing various information, such as the recipient’s location, device, time of opening the mail, etc. While this software may not be as comprehensive as some of the paid premium email tracking tools out there, it’s the best one that you can get for free.
Here is what we love about GetNotify:
- Easy to Use: All you have to do is add “.getnotify.com” after the recipients’ email addresses.
- Recipient Details: GetNotify will provide you with various information on the recipients, such as their IP address, location, browser, device, and OS.
- Email Tracking: The email tracking features available in this software include email read duration tracking and link tracking. However, you’ll have to shell out a small amount to be able to enjoy the email read duration tracking feature.
- Instant Notifications: You will receive instant notifications every time a prospective customer opens your email.
Although the software is available for free, you can make a small donation to unlock a couple of extra features for six months.
- Email delivery confirmation
- You can use your own image to track
- Email content backup
- Email read tracking
- SMS email read notifications sent to your cell phone
- Email read duration tracking
- Track more emails
- Real-time notifications
- Availability of recipient data
- Easy to use
- The user interface is a little outdated and may look jarring
What is Email Tracking?
The age of digital marketing has seen email evolve as a powerful tool for businesses to reach out to potential clients. Companies that implement comprehensive and well-planned email marketing campaigns enjoy significant growth in sales.
However, it takes more than just sending out emails for the campaign to be successful. A good email marketing strategy involves monitoring the campaign’s performance and making adjustments accordingly. This is where email tracking comes into play.
Email tracking browser extensions add various trackers to the emails you send, capable of providing you with valuable information. For instance, you can track how many recipients opened a certain mail and clicked on the call to action (CTA).
How Can Email Tracking Help My Marketing Campaigns?
Email tracking has become a crucial element of email marketing strategies. Digital marketing experts highly recommend using a reliable email tracking tool to track how well your emails are faring.
For instance, you can send three emails to three different audience groups. You can then use an email tracking tool to check which group had the highest conversion rate. This will help you identify the best approach, according to which you may shape your strategy.
Here are some of the things that you can track with email tracking tools:
1. Open Rates
One of the most basic uses of email tracking is to keep tabs on how frequently the recipients open your emails. If someone opens your emails multiple times, they are likely an interested customer.
It will be smart to contact them with a new email while you are still on their mind. Open rates also provide insights into which part of your audience is more likely to open the emails you send and thereby run your campaign more efficiently.
2. Click Rates
An email marketing tool can also inform you whether a recipient has clicked on any links or attachments in the email you sent. This way, you can note when someone opens your email but does not follow through to open a link you’ve included.
You can then target these customers and follow up with them using new emails. In case someone simply forgot to respond or visit your website using the given link, a reminder can be of great help. This is a very effective way to convert potential buyers into your customers.
3. Unsubscribes And Spam
As a business owner, you’ll always want to grow the number of your email marketing campaign subscribers. In case people start unsubscribing, you should address the issue immediately.
With an email tracker, you can receive notifications when recipients unsubscribe to your emails or, worse, mark them as spam. This will help you identify emails that the readers find irritating and replace them with better ones.
4. Email Bounces
You can track bounced emails using an email tracker too. Your emails may bounce due to various reasons. It could be because the recipient’s address is invalid, their mailbox is full, or they have blocked you.
In such cases, you can remove them from your mailing list and work more efficiently. If your newsletter bounces simply because it is too long, you can instead shorten and resend it.
5. Device Tracking
With an email tracker, you can track the recipients’ devices too. This not only helps to get an idea of the precise demographics of your customers but also flags down devices used for suspicious purposes.
In case anyone is trying something illegal to harm your business, you can track their location accurately and take action.
6. Headline Tracking
Your email headlines have a direct impact on the readers. With a headline tracking tool, you can track the performance of emails with different headlines. Accordingly, you may make necessary adjustments in case a particular headline seems to be performing poorly.
In any business, it is crucial to function as efficiently as possible, utilizing time to the fullest. With an email tracking tool, you can quickly identify individuals who are more likely to buy your products and services.
Accordingly, you may focus your marketing efforts on them rather than working blindly to promote your business. Are you finding it tough to manage customer interactions and queries because there are too many of them?
Try an email helpdesk software, also referred to as an email ticketing software.
How To Choose An Email Tracking Software? 7 Factors To Consider
Choosing the right email tracking software for your business is extremely important. After all, every software has its pros and cons, and you’d want to weigh your options thoughtfully before making a choice.
Here are a few factors to consider while shopping around for the right software:
1. Look For A Software That Offers Tracking Statistics
Do not just get an email tracking software that provides you with information about the recipients who opened your email or visited your website. Find one that also offers various tracking statistics based on data collected over time.
For instance, statistics on how a certain part of your target audience responds to different emails will help you personalize the emails for them. You can even find out whether emails sent at a certain time of the day are more effective than the rest.
2. Use A Software With Multiple Tracking Types
Email tracking tools can track your emails in a number of ways. Try to pick a software that offers multiple tracking types for maximum efficiency. The more comprehensively you track your emails, the better you can tailor your strategy.
While not all the email tracking tools offer every type of tracking, open tracking and click-tracking are two must-have features.
As for the other tracking types, ensure you are getting everything you need as a part of your marketing strategy. When choosing an email tracking software, consider the tracking tools you don’t require now but may need in the future.
One hardly needs to highlight the importance of considering the price of a software before purchasing it or subscribing to a premium version. Look for email tracking software with plans that you find affordable. You may even find tools that are available free of cost.
However, such free software usually offers only limited features and a premium plan that you enjoy by paying up. Weigh your options based on how much they cost, whether they are worth the price, and how much you are willing to spend.
Before you pick an email tracking software, ensure it’s compatible with your email client. For instance, if you use Outlook to send emails, you must pick a tracking software that integrates with Outlook and tracks your emails.
This isn’t a major problem nowadays, as most popular email tracking tools are compatible with all major email service providers. Still, check out the compatibility details before you pay for an email tracking software.
5. Contact Profiles
Some of the most advanced email tracking tools also collect valuable information from the contacts’ profiles to build various statistical data. This will give you helpful insights into your customers, allowing you to personalize the emails greatly to make them more impactful.
Depending on the privacy settings on their devices and what they choose to share, you can even gather information on their social media handles, workplace, etc.
6. Privacy And Security
An email tracking software will access your email account’s inbox. This can pose a significant security threat if you aren’t careful enough.
7. Your Current Email Marketing Software
You might already use email marketing software to manage and run your campaign smoothly. You might not need to buy email tracking software if your current marketing solution already includes tracking capabilities.
However, do note that the email tracking features on most email marketing platforms aren’t as comprehensive as software built specifically for tracking. So, you might be better off buying a good email tracking software unless your marketing software already covers all your needs perfectly.
Conclusion: What’s the Best Email Tracking Software?
Each of the email tracking tool mentioned in our list can transform your business for the better, but surely, you’re here for just one! And amidst so many options, it’s only fair for you to be confused, so we’re here to recommend our #1 pick — Salesforce.
Features like pipeline management, timely reminders, opportunity management, detailed reports, and a proven track record make Salesforce stand out head and shoulders above its peers.
What is the best email tracker?
What is an email tracking software?
Can emails be tracked?
Is there a mail tracker for Outlook?
Why should I track my email marketing campaigns?
What is the best email marketing tool?
- Best Email Marketing Software – Best Email Marketing Services for your Business
- Best SMS Marketing Software