Live event marketing is like a stage play. You’ve got three acts: before, during, and after. In the “before” stage, you want to get the word out about your event, whether that means selling tickets or just getting into people’s busy calendars. In the “during” stage, you want to share the story with guests, as well as those who couldn’t make it. This builds brand equity and takes advantage of some fantastic reach opportunities. In the “after” stage, you share and repurpose the content generated during the event.
Different social media platforms present different opportunities for live event marketing, as described in a new infographic from Maximillion.co.uk, which we’ve reposted on the BuzzPlant Blog below. Let’s take a look at some of their live event marketing suggestions…
Facebook Live Event Marketing
- Before… Use Facebook ads to attract the right kind of audience. Create contests to give away tickets.
Twitter Live Event Marketing
- Before… Create your own hashtag. Ask speakers to co-host Twitter chats. Discover active conversations and jump in. Create relevant Twitter lists. Build influential relationships.
- During… Did you know 80% of users visit and use the site via mobile? Make sure you’re live-tweeting and engaging with guests who are Tweeting about your event as it’s happening.
- After… Tweet out quote graphics and other pieces of content in the weeks that follow. Use a #tbt hashtag if you like.
LinkedIn Live Event Marketing
- Before… Publish a post about your upcoming event. Promote through status updates and direct messages. Create an event group.
Pinterest Live Event Marketing
- Before… Create an event guide (this could be a map or just a PDF version of the itinerary/handout). Post branded event assets and other collateral to your Pinterest page. Promote sponsors on Pinterest. Consider sharing an event mood board with your followers.
- After… Create a board of photos from the event.
Instagram Live Event Marketing
- Before… Create an event hashtag. Share photos to promote the upcoming event. Host a competition where users must comment and tag friends in order to win tickets. Update your bio link to have event information or a link to purchase tickets. Promote event sponsors and speakers.
- During… Share live photos and videos of the event.
Snapchat Live Event Marketing
- Before… Send invites to your friends using the messaging part of the app.
- During… Use the story feature. Snap often!
Finally Human Offers Ideas to Better Your Business
So, how can you implement all these strategies in an effectively human way? Get more in-depth suggestions for creating content in my new book, Finally Human: Using Digital Media to Restore Culture and Better Our World. If you’re looking to learn more about how emerging digital technology can be used to restore and enrich our humanity, pick up a copy – available in paperback or on Kindle. Let me know what you think by commenting here or posting on social!