Snapchat is one of the fastest growing social media networks, and like any social media network, the updates keep coming! Last week Snapchat launched “3D stickers” – which lets you stick emojis on to moving objects in your Snapchat videos. This feature works a little differently than Snapchat’s lens filters (in which you tap your face before you film to get the lens overlay on your snap).
Here’s a quick run down on how to use Snapchat’s 3D stickers:
- Download or update your Snapchat app
- Record your video.
- Look for the folded paper icon at the top of your screen and click it
- You’ll get a slew of emoji options to pin to your video. Click on the emoji you want. You can resize the emoji by pinching and stretching as you wish.
- Hold your emoji down on the object you want to track and then let go. A circle will pop up (to tell you it’s working).
- Your video will play with the emoji tracking and you can reposition the emoji if you don’t like how it’s placed .
- Share your video! You’re done.
Users are getting super creative with the videos they are creating using 3D stickers. You can see some examples shared on Snapchat’s Twitter timeline.
A few things to keep in mind:
- You can use multiple emoji’s in your video (how fun!).
- Your object can start off frame or leave and return to the frame – the emoji will track it!
- Practice, practice, practice. As with any new feature, practice makes perfect. Run a few practice Snaps before going with your final one.