How do you know if you’re a social media expert? Unlike Google AdWords, there isn’t any certification for social media. There’s not a test to take that’ll tell you how good you are. There’s a low barrier to entry. Create a free account and voila!, you’re on social media (on a side note, that’s why there’s a lot of costly mistakes made). So we thought we’d compile the top ten reasons you know you’re a social media expert:
- You have more than 6 social profiles – Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Flickr, FourSquare.
- You subscribe to Mashable. Bonus points if you’ve written a blog post about Mashable.
- You have a blog. Bonus points if the blog has “social” in the title.
- You’ve checked-in to a business via Foursquare, Facebook, and Google+.
- You know your Klout score by heart.
- You’ve posted on Facebook while eating dinner, waiting in line, or in a meeting.
- You begged, borrowed, and stole to get a Google+ account.
- You are the administrator to more than three Facebook Pages.
- You know what #FF and #MT mean. Bonus points if you’ve made up a hashtag and used it #sarcastically.
- You follow Chris Brogan, David Meeram Scott, or Scott Monty.
Let us know what else you’d include. Have you noticed anything you do that is a tell-tale sign of social media addiction – er, expertise? What else would you add?