If you’re anything like me, your office space looks like it was hit by a ravaging tornado. Coffee mugs and paperwork in disarray, combined with the disorderly documents on your desktop – it makes one wonder how we manage to get anything done.
As a Social Media Community Manager, I’m faced with the disorder on my real and virtual desktop on a daily basis.
If you’re a Community Manager, you know how easy your responsibilities can become a huge jumbled mess!
The Chaos of Being a Social Butterfly
Here at Go Time Marketing, we service many clients. And most of them need help with their social media campaigns, extending their social media reach and just general engagement with their followers.
It’s an exciting and rewarding part of inbound marketing and I absolutely love it…but it can be very overwhelming at times.
- You probably have 5+ browser windows open with 15+ tabs each
- There’s always something to read or update with every click
- You’re constantly comb through the web for the latest on your clients’ industry
- Not to mention the different voice you have to convey on a client’s social media content
Is There a Better Way?
After a few months of this, you start thinking…”Is there a better way for me to organize my community management tasks that’s trackable and easy to use?”
Yes, dear reader, now there is.
Make way for the amazing-balls Go Time Marketing Community Manager Editorial Calendar.
The spreadsheet is really straightforward to understand but here a few pointers:
- It has multiple tabs for multiple clients. One tab per client. Feel free to add more
- The Day Column is just there if you need to organize yourself if you’re adding multiple posts per week ahead of schedule
- The Date Time Column is there if you want to upload the spreadsheet (CSV) into your Hootsuite for example. Check out this other cool spreadsheet for uploading into Hootsuite as well.
- The Medium Column allows you to specify which social media platform you wish to make the post
- The Post Title, Post Copy and Post URL are all self-explanatory.
Why Should You Use the Editorial Calendar?
So what’s in it for you?
It may seem like just one more thing to maintain, but it really isn’t. It will make your life easier, less stressful, and save you time.
- Keeps you more organized
- Keeps all your posts in one place
- You can upload it into Hootsuite
- Keeps track of what you’ve done
- Helps you plan out the week so you can get all your posts done in one day