5 Tips To Help Build Your Brand Using Social Media
Let’s discuss building your brand using Social Media. Your online reputation is certainly important in this new digital age. You know you need a website, and now you’re being told to “get on social media”. Great. Let’s talk about how to use it to help build your brand.
- You need to start a blog.– starting a blog will help build the content that you can share on your other profiles. It also helps build trust among those that read the content you write. Becoming a trusted source for information is the best way to use social media to build your brand.
- Blog Consistently. – Start writing on your blog once a week. Pick a day every week that you can pull out a 350 word “article” about something related to your industry, that would be interesting to read. Products are great, but if you make it out to be a brochure, you won’t get too many people reading it. Tip: Use an online word counter like this one.
- Start sharing your blog articles. – Using your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and every other platform you might be using, start sharing your blog posts, along with other interesting information. You have to build that trust, to build your brand, so sharing only information you have written may work a little, but sharing other people’s blogs and great content is the key to building that brand. (Tip: Read more about Social Media Etiquette from my article, to help you get going.)
- Vary your content.– Don’t just focus on your industry, if you can help it. Unless you have the coolest, most interesting industry in the world, you should probably pick out some news articles to share or other timely good information. Again, this is about building trust and reputation. You want to be the go-to source for content.
- Keep People Interested. – By varying your content, you are already helping keep people interested, but also, make sure you vary the content being shared to every social media platform. For example, if you share your blog article on Facebook today, don’t share it on Google+ today. (Most of the time, you can ALWAYS share articles to Twitter, even if you have already posted it to Facebook, Pinterest, or other platforms, because Twitter’s post “shelf life” is so short.)
So, ultimately, the point is to build trust by supplying great content and good information to those that choose to follow you, which will get them to share that information to their followers. Building your brand can take time, so don’t get discouraged! Keep writing that blog and sharing on your Social Media platforms, and before you know it, you’ll have built up a great community around your brand!
Blogging is a great way to help build a strong brand image. Make sure that your blog and social media accounts are all connected at that each site has a direct link to your website. Users who come across your content on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn need an easy way to get from the platform to your website. Direct access to your site also helps to improve brand associations with your company.
You are absolutely correct, Nick! The best thing you can do for yourself is making sure you have links from one profile and account to your website or blog. Thanks for the comment!