Are You Really Surprised to See It Is Facebook?
Granted we can throw a barrage of questions at these results, yes it all depends on multiple factors, yet can anyone really argue with the fact that – “The People Are on Facebook.”
Now email marketing and website are at the top of the list AND my question to that is “How did people find them?”
Are you asking the better question? Instead of arguing your customers are not on facebook when the evidence is clearly showing you something different – ask instead “How can I find my customer better on Facebook?”
If you are not lucky enough to be an established business who can talk to your current customers, this data is not that helpful to you. Other than to remind you to focus on email marketing and you website as a high source for leads. Or is it?
If you are a new business, what are you to do?
- You build your online presence and be active where your prospects are talking with your competitors.
- You prospect where your ideal customer is spending their online time.
- You find creative ways to answer their problems online to capture and diver their attention your way.
The B2B and B2C argument continues
Like in a good baseball game, there are always arguments about how to play the game. The same thing happens in social media. My question to you is “Are you paying attention to the gap?” where face to face becomes more effective for B2B than B2C. companies that take advantage of that knowledge and use it wisely, will be the ones who are hitting their sales numbers for the year.
- Where are you businesses advantages?
- What phase are you in right now – start-up, established – use better actions for each?
- What did you want to accomplish? (no laughing you’d be surprised how many very off the road on this one)
- Where are you customers? (it is not about what you like – it’s them focused)
- How have they shown you they want to make their purchase decisions?
These answers are easy to find it you are willing to take time to look for them. Will you know in a couple of weeks? Probably not. But how long have you gone not knowing them until now?
Using the tools available today in social media so you have better listening ears on is key to finding “Your People.” The patience to accomplish that task – well that is all on you. If you want help I would recommend you find a professional that not only can create content that captures your attention online, you find one that has been listening and you can see a history of their own social media presence. It is one way to prevent dealing with what we call in our industry as a social media faker.photo attribution