Customers and potential customers demand a dynamic social media presence in today’s digital age. If you’re not getting results from content marketing efforts, it might be time to do a social media audit. Stale writing is a sign that you (and your content) are getting tired according to Katie Cooper, author of a recent article, 4 Signs Your Social Media is Getting Tired.
Here are four signs your social media is stale
- Losing engagement
Losing fan engagement means your potential clients are not interested in your content. Checking Google Analytics is an easy way to see which blog posts are doing best. Try posting different types of content at various times to see what performs best.
- Promoting your brand too often
Are your social posts salesy? If your brand’s content looks like spam, your followers may scroll right past you in the news feed. Be sure to follow the 80/20 rule that means only 20% of your content should be about your brand while the other 80% is interesting and specific to your followers.
- Using Too Many Social Networks
You’re on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr and YouTube. Now what? Many brands spread themselves thinly across social platforms. They get excited and want to be everywhere all the time. Instead of opening multiple accounts, choose one and master it. You should also find out where your target audience hangs out online.
- You’ve Never Changed Your Profile and Cover Photo
Don’t be that guy. You know the one, the high school friend on Facebook who still uses his high school photo despite graduating thirty years ago. Use your brand’s image or logo as a profile picture and make sure it’s something that will catch the eye and possibly earn a click.
Is your social media presence becoming stale? Try creating eye-catching content to revive it!