When you post an image or video on Pinterest, you can also post it to Facebook simultaneously. People can then like or comment on the Pinterest content within Facebook as well as within Pinterest. This is useful for a number of reasons:
- No need to post the same image in two places. Kill two birds with one stone.
- Your Facebook friends and family can discover your Pinterest account.
- Linking Facebook to Pinterest means you can be notified on Pinterest when a Facebook friend joins.
Is it possible to link a Facebook business page to Pinterest?
The short answer is no. In fact, that’s the long answer too. Pinterest only makes it possible for you to post to your personal profile, not a business page.
Connect your account with Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus
Here’s how you connect the accounts. It’s simple. I will assume you already have a Pinterest account and that you are logged into it.
- Click on the settings cog in the top right, under your name.
- Once you are on the settings screen, scroll down to the section on social networks.
- As you switch the toggles to “Yes”, a window will pop up asking for authorisation on the relevant social network. Once this is done, your accounts will be connected.
Control when pins appear on Facebook and Twitter
You don’t have to automatically post to social networks each time you pin something. Underneath the pin, before you post, there are two tick boxes where you can choose to automatically add to Facebook and Twitter separately.
As well as Google+, there are options to link to Gmail, Yahoomail and Hotmail. These give Pinterest permission to see your contacts in those services, enabling you to communicate with those contacts or be informed of their activity on Pinterest.