You may have identified several Social Media Management Platforms (SMMPs) that offer some of these features you want. The typical components like instant notifications, scheduled posts, and basic analytic reports.
But don’t you want more from your platform? Don’t you want to know your audience better than your competitors do? Wouldn’t you like to position your organization in the forefront of your audience’s conversation? Of course you would!
Selecting the right SMMP can be difficult, but a platform that offers these premium features will take your social media management to the next level.
1. Sentiment Analysis
Let your SMMP automatically detect the tone of your audience with this unique feature. Also known as ‘Opinion Mining’, Sentiment Analysis identifies and extracts subjective information within source materials and summarizes the tone of a text – positive and negative, subjective and objective.
2. Customer Relationship Management Integration
There’s no need to keep social media and customer relationship management disconnected any longer. Allow for seamless messaging between popular CRM platforms (i.e., Salesforce, Zendesk) to ensure issues are addressed within the correct departments.
3. Custom Dashboards
Personalized and highly interactive dashboards allow you to integrate specific tasks and job functions to keep track of crucial metrics and conversations.
4. Automated Hashtag Suggestion
Using hashtags to get more visibility has never been easier. Smart hashtag suggestions help your content gain greater exposure on social media.
5. Text Analysis
Text analysis provides an overview of text style and a counts words, characters, sentences, and syllables. It can even translate text into different languages. Further text analysis services that will give your organization an edge include:
- Article Extraction takes out all the HTML documents, ads, navigation, and anything that keeps you from fully understanding the text, so you can focus what you need to see.
- Summarization provides key sentences extracted from text, so you can focus on only the most important concepts.
- Classification tags text with metadata from hundreds of categories to make it easy to find.
- Entity Extraction identifies organization names, phone numbers, currency amounts, and individuals who have been mentioned in a text.
- Concept Extraction provides linked data for topics, such as semantic types and URLs.
- Language Detection and Translation quickly and accurately ensures that the text is presented in the correct language.
While any organization can take advantage of social media, few actually have access to the tools to maximize its benefit. This is why a comprehensive and user-friendly SMMP is vital to growing your social media strategy. It doesn’t matter how competent the employees in charge of your social media are, without the right tools they are limited in what they can achieve.
Original article was published on the Buzzlogix Social Media Blog.