Forget the summer of the cicada… this summer is going to be all about the power of social media. We are so excited about all of the ways that social media is influencing our lives lately that we decided to dedicate a couple months to Summer of Social Media, our newest campaign. Summer of Social Media is a time to celebrate the influences of social media from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It’s also a time to showcase our summer through our trusty social media accounts by sharing our most loved images of beautiful beach days and firework-filled nights with all of you!
To kick off our Summer of Social Media, we wanted to share our 10 reasons that we think this summer is going to be all about Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more:
1. Social Media influences your website’s SEO more than ever. Not only does it add a personal touch to your business interactions, but several factors now affect your Search Engine Rankings. A Big Kahuna for Google Searches? You guessed it: Social Media.
2. The beaches are too pretty not to document. Social Media is all about photos lately. Snap a shot of your favorite shoreline or your beach bbq and upload it to Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook. That Lo-Fi filter sure does make the sky a little bluer.
3. New Jersey Businesses will use Social Media to recover from Superstorm Sandy. Located in Shrewsbury, we have seen the devastation that Superstorm Sandy caused first hand. Recently, we heard from several Jersey Shore businesses who told us that Social Media and Smartphones were game changers for their businesses. They have and will continue to use their Social Media accounts to get the word out the they are open for business.
4. Social Media increases your business’ ability to make sales. No bones about it, Social Media is one of the driving factors in the Inbound Marketing Methodology. Inbound Marketing‘s goal is to drive qualified leads to your website in order to increase your company’s overall sales.
5. You need to find the best seafood specials in town. Would you really know about half-price Lobster Wednesdays without your friends posting status updates about it or seeing the restaurant promote it on their own social media pages? Better yet, since we’re always Googling the best deals in town, why not utilize and download apps like TripAdvisor, Yelp, or UrbanSpoon? All of the most helpful reviews are at our fingertips all summer long, whether you’re looking for laid-back outdoor dining or a kickin’ beachfront bar and grill.
6. Social Media is becoming a vital addition to your website. Use your website to help your viewers easily navigate to your Social Media pages. On the flip side, you can post your website’s newest content on all of your profiles to get the word out. Someone’s listening!
7. Companies are increasingly using Vine for contest campaigns and other fun summer promotions. This new social media video platform is going to be all-the-rage for documenting this season’s holiday shenanigans, but we can promise that you’re going to see more big companies using it to connect with their audience. Show off your company’s new product or service with a 6-second video that is sure to hold attention like Dove and Toyota did.
8. We know you’re not bringing CD’s to the beach when Spotify exists. Spotify makes it possible to stream and share your favorite summer tunes and playlists with friends on-the-go. Whether you’re soaking up the sun or sitting around the bonfire, you know that someone is going to be playing that summer 2013 playlist.
9. Your “friends” and “followers” want to know about all of the exciting summer events that your company is hosting or involved in. All you have to do is use the handy event applications that make it as easy as 1-2-3 to invite, share and promote your most important summer soirées. Social media is an amazing outlet to be able to connect with those who are listening to you–make sure you utilize it!
10. You want a six pack for summer. Using social media is like working a muscle – you can’t just sign on one day and expect to run a marathon. Working your Social Media six pack all summer will strengthen your business’ marketing goals and help you immensely in the long run.
Whether it’s for business or personal use, we bet that you can agree with at least a few of our reasons why this summer is going to be all about social media. That’s why throughout the next couple of months, we will be focusing on enhancing strategy, SEO, web design and all of our other inbound marketing tactics through the use of social media, sharing helpful resources and spreading the word about this powerful marketing tool.
Stay tuned for the official launch of the Summer of Social Media campaign on our website, but in the meantime, check out our current resources that will help improve your strategy.