I couldn’t really resist doing this post today. By now, you may have heard that the Dos Equis man is, well, “retiring”? I don’t think the most interesting man in the world actually retires. But, at least the actor portraying him, Jonathan Goldsmith, will be stepping down as “the most interesting man” and making room for a new face.
I don’t drink beer, but if I did, it would be Dos Equis. The “most interesting man in the world” commercials have been witty, interesting, funny and engaging – excellent examples of hitting the right tone with the right content.
In honor of Jonathan Goldsmith, I’m going to post some of the best one liners from the commercials here. But first, check out my compilation video on YouTube, which include some of the most interesting commercials in the world!
The One Liners I Love
Here are some of the one liners from the commercials that I love. These statements created the legend that will live on.
- His two cents is worth 37 dollars and change.
- He once gave a pep talk so compelling, both teams won.
- When in Rome, they do as he does.
- Sharks have a week dedicated to him.
- In a past life, he was himself.
- If opportunity knocks, and he’s not home, opportunity waits.
- He gave his father “the talk.”
- He once warned a psychic.
- He is the life of parties he has never attended.
- If her were to punch you in the face, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
- He once ran a marathon, because it was on his way.
- Sasquatch has taken a photograph of him.
- When he whispers to a horse, it whispers back.
- If he were to pat you on your back, you would list it on your resume.
- He can slam a revolving door.
- He wouldn’t be afraid to show his feminine side, if he had one.
- His mother has a tatoo that reads “Son”.
- He can smooth talk in sign language.
- If he were to mispronounce your name, you would feel compelled to change it.
- Therapists open up to him.
- He skips the first date.
- His reputation is expanding faster than the universe.
- He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels.
- He lives vicariously through himself.
- The last time he flirted with Danger, Danger got clingy.
- His only regret is not knowing what regret feels like.
- When it is raining, it’s only because he is thinking about something sad.
- At museums, he’s allowed to touch the art.
- He imagines himself in his own shoes.
- Steak and lobster is his bread and butter.
- Locals ask him for directions.
- His small talk has altered foreign policy.
- Your guess is as good as his. On second thought, no its not.
- He once parallel parked a train.
- It has never been “his bad”.
- Both sides of his pillow are cool.
- He once received a standing ovation from a jurors box.
- His “Thank You” cards have prompted “You’re Welcome” cards.
- His charm is so contagious, vaccines have been created for it.
- His fortune cookies simply read “Congratulations.”
- Skinny dipping was his idea.
What are some of your favorites?