Ah, Election Day. When millions of Americans get out to the polls to exercise their civic responsibility and vote in the next crop of public servants to do the people’s work for a couple more years.
Okay, okay, stop laughing. Sure, according to the Pew Research Center, human turnout in midterm elections has been consistently below 50% for more than 60 years. But there are still some out there who aren’t so cynical about voting.
Yes, I’m talking about cats. The civically minded demographic the pollsters keep forgetting about.
Don’t believe me? Two years ago, Hank the Cat made a spirited run for the U.S. Senate from Virginia.
— Hank4Senate (@Hank4Senate) September 5, 2012
Sadly, Hank did not win. Sadder still, Hank passed away earlier this year.
But in the spirit of Hank and other patriotic felines, here are 24 cats who are probably more likely to cast a ballot this Election Day than most Americans.
1. These cats lined up on Election Day 2012. But for Obama or Romney?
Cats voting pic.twitter.com/CtozcjTy
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) November 6, 2012
2. This cat was definitely on the Obama bandwagon in ’12.
Via: Jerry Coyne
3. This kitty is eager to vote.
4. Definitely an Obamacat. But will he turn out in the midterms?
5. Obama’s campaign actually made a strong push for the cat vote.
6. Big fan of Obama’s speeches.
Via: Cats For Obama
7. She nabbed an invite to the Feline Inaugural Ball in 2009.
Via: Cats for Obama
8. Like owner, like cat.
9. He early voted! Will you even vote?
Via: Daily Dot
10. He’s also going as Obama for Halloween.
Via: Cats for Obama
11. Feminist cats were strong supporters of the women’s suffrage movement.
Via: Cat Wisdom 101
12. Gearing up for a 2016 comeback?
13. Tired of rats? Vote Morris.
Via: Design You Trust
14. This cat works the polls every Election Day.
Via: Feline Underground
15. Disaffected cat voter. Maybe you can relate?
16. Desperate cat-idate.
17. Cats for the Second Amendment.
Via: HD Wallpapers
18. Tuxedo Stan is bringing style back to politics. Is he Canada’s JFK?
Via: Ithaca College
19. Senator Felix at an Obama rally. He has a tough reelection campaign on his hands.
20. Hipster cat is a total liberal.
21. Reagan Democats.
Via: Purrington Post
23. Tory cat endorses the GOP this year.
24. Ghost of Socks. In Chicago, anyway.
So who’s your cat voting for on Election Day?
Read more: What You Can and Can’t Wear While Voting