The new buzzword in most businesses doesn’t have anything to do with social media, marketing, or products. Instead it involves the people who make up your company and the way they learn the trade and grow with your business. What is that buzzword? Mentor.
Having a Mentoring program established in your company can do wonders for your employees, your business, and ultimately your profits. How? Here are a few reasons why having a mentor is important to your business.
1. Mentoring is an easy way for new employees to get accustomed with the practices and procedures of your company. With a mentor, a new hire can ask questions, learn the cultural environment of the office, and acceptable behaviors without having to learn blindly.
2. Mentors also provide a bridge between educational theory and real-world experience. New hires might not have experience doing exactly the job they were hired for. With a mentoring program, they will receive the training and guidance needed to succeed in your company. This takes the guesswork out of things and provides the employee with a go-to person for any questions or concerns they may have.
3. Long-standing relationships between mentors and mentees often lead to a strong commitment to your business, and a feeling of commitment usually leads to employee retention.
4. Mentoring leads to more open communication between your employees. This open line of communication allows for professionals to get to the root of the problem, and provide assist in fixing it.
5. Mentoring boosts company morale. If everyone is feeling comforted, supported, and open about communicating, they are more likely to be happy with their job and more productive.
Do you have a mentoring program available in your company? Do you think mentoring would provide your employees the support they need to succeed in the workplace? Remember, mentoring your employees creates highly effective, productive, happy employees; it will definitely and ultimately make your business more successful.