WordPress website themes have been in the spotlight for quite some time now. They tend to be more versatile and accessible to customize than pre-built websites. As a result, WordPress site themes are increasingly popular, from business publishers on-boarding sets of website themes to sole proprietors creating their own.
Finding the right features for your next project might be difficult since many alternatives exist. For this article, we’ve compiled a list of the 15 best WordPress themes for SEO for 2022.
Best SEO-Friendly WordPress Themes – Top 15 for 2022
WordPress has become the most popular platform for both bloggers and online companies. It’s easy to use, accessible and allows you to create an entire website or just a blog post. Looking for an SEO optimized WordPress theme? We’ve got you covered:
- Kadence – Best SEO-friendly WordPress theme 2022
- Sydney – Over 600 Google Fonts
- Brixton – Completely Customizable
- SEO Crawler – Most Customizable for On-Brand Websites
- TheGem – Completely Accessible Shortcodes
- Pofo – 100% Responsive Design
- Genesis Genesis– Multiple Child Theme Options
- Schema – Best WordPress SEO Theme with Dozens of Plugins
- Astra – Lightning-Fast Loading Speed
- X – Impressive Front-End Page Builder
- Monstroid-2 – Best multipurpose SEO WordPress Theme
- The7 – Over 1,000 Theme Customizations
- Essence Pro – SEO-Optimized Design
- Yosemite – Excellent Freemium Functionality
- Divi – Excellent visual website builder and WP theme for SEO
Best WordPress Themes for SEO – Compared
Following the status of blogging and business websites as it is now, there are a lot of WordPress themes available to create your website. However, the most suitable ones are those made with the best features in mind. To help you select one, we’ve compiled a list of 15 of the top WordPress themes for blogging and business websites to help you kickstart and continue your WordPress journey.
1. Kadence – Best WordPress Theme for SEO
Kadence is a WordPress theme that promotes itself as being multipurpose. As a result, it isn’t targeted at any particular audience and instead is purely aesthetic. The look of each website is then customized by making tweaks or using beginning templates.
Kadence is the best option for non-technical users who want to make extensive customizations regarding website performance and SEO right out of the box. It offers hooks and script administration options and WooCommerce features with little programming skill.
- It offers a globally linked color palette, making managing your design easier.
- Various settings let you personalize the appearance of your blog posts.
- Provides a lifetime plan.
- Not a lot of options for starter themes.
- Theme customizer options are hard to navigate for new users
- The team handling Kandence is small.
The Kadence Premium Theme comes in three bundles: Essential, Full, and Lifetime Full, with different features and pricing plans. All of these plans are billed annually.
- Essential – Unlimited site usage, one-year support and updates, kadence theme pro, and pro starter templates for $129 billed annually.
- Full – Everything in the Essentials bundle plus: all themes and plugins, child theme builder, Kandence shop kit, and access to all future features for $199 billed annually.
- Lifetime Full – Everything in the Full bundle for $699 one-time payment.
2. Sydney – Best Responsive SEO Theme for WordPress
A freemium WordPress theme, Sydney is ideal for freelancers and small enterprises. Making a website doesn’t need any coding expertise, thanks to tools like Elementor and pre-made templates.
Sydney is a WordPress theme designed for business websites, but it can be used for various purposes. It has a clean design and can be customized to fit your needs.
- It has 600+ Google fonts for easy font switching.
- You can customize the sidebar with any widget, including social media links, image galleries, maps, etc.
- It has a parallax background that makes it easy to create a beautiful website.
- As of right now, there are no drawbacks.
We don’t know how much Sydney costs, but we do know that it’s a powerful theme. You’ll have to send them an email if you’d want further information about the price.
3. Brixton – Best for clean and visual sites
Brixton has been one of the most popular WordPress blog themes available from Themeforest. When Themeforest was initially introduced, it was an instant hit, and it’s easy to understand why. Users are raving about how simple it is to use and how much room for personalization inside the software.
Brixton is ideal if you’re looking to create a clean and visually appealing blog with SEO capabilities. Because it’s concise, you can concentrate just on the writing process.
- The Theme Options control panel provides access to a myriad of different personalization choices that may be made.
- Provides a page builder with drag-and-drop functionality for making changes without touching any code.
- Customizable sidebar and posts widgets with social media sharing buttons.
- It only provides six months of support.
- Customer service is unresponsive.
- Themes purchased sometimes has bugs the majority of the time.
Brixton is a powerful WordPress theme perfect for any blog or online publication.
The theme comes in two plans:
- Regular License – You and one client with the end user not being charged for the product, quality checked by Envato, and six months of support from gljivec for $45. Suppose you want to extend it to 12 months, an additional $21.
- Extended License – You and one client with the end-user have the possibility of being charged for the product, quality checked by Envato, and six months of support from gljivec for $1950, and if you want to extend it to 12 months, an additional $1,181.25.
4. SEO Crawler – Best WordPress Theme for sleek asthetics
SEO Crawler is a stunning Seo and Digital Agency Template with three different home demos. Each sample has been meticulously developed to maintain a sleek and contemporary aesthetic. Kleanity’s attractive appearance and impressive functionality make it hard to refuse.
SEO Crawler is best for its brilliant design and functional framework. This theme is a must-have if you’re looking to start a new business. It’s a simple, responsive, and well-coded ACA WordPress theme for digital agencies, web studios, and companies that need to display their work and services.
- Responsive design up to date with the latest web standards.
- Widgets and custom page templates can be imported and exported with ease.
- A wide range of backdrop wrapper choices and unique skin colors for particular item wrappers make it very adaptable.
- Support forums are somewhat unresponsive.
- Not many customer reviews are found.
- It only provides six months of support.
The SEO Crawler WordPress Theme is suitable, so you’ll want to crawl over to it and buy it.
- Regular License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from max-themes for $17 and extended support to 12 months for $11.38.
- Extended License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, six months of support from max-themes for $1,200, and comprehensive support for 12 months for $875.
5. TheGem – Best SEO Friendly WordPress Themes for Blog
All-in-one WordPress theme TheGem is used to develop a wide variety of websites with its flexible, responsive, high-performance design and robust framework. This flexible theme gives you a wide range of opportunities to customize your site without coding skills.
TheGem is a versatile WordPress theme that can be easily customized and used in many different websites, like business sites, eCommerce, blogs, or even portfolios. In addition, its SEO capabilities are an excellent option for both experts and beginners.
- It offers multiple page templates and shortcodes that make it easy to display content differently on the same page.
- It has detailed options and settings to allow you to customize your website exactly how you want it.
- It has an intuitive drag-and-drop page builder to customize your site easily.
- TheGem does not support the WordPress customizer.
- Not necessarily better than its competitors.
- The official documentation has no information about installing or using the theme.
TheGem WordPress Theme is available in 2 licenses, and you can choose between them based on the size of your business.
- Regular License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from CodexThemes for $59 and an additional $41.13 if you wish to extend support to 12 months.
- Extended License – – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from CodexThemes for $2,900 and an additional $2,012.50 if you wish to extend support to 12 months.
6. Pofo – Best SEO-Friendly Theme for Photographers
Pofo is perfect for anyone who wants to create an eCommerce site with their products with SEO optimization. A wide variety of WordPress website demos are available from POFO to help you create blogs, portfolios, studio websites, and even e-commerce sites.
The Pofo WordPress Theme is best for you if you’re looking to create a website with a clean, minimal design that will get the job done. It’s easy to use and simple to customize, so you’ll be able to build your site without much effort.
The Pofo Theme also comes with SEO optimization built right in, so you don’t have to worry about setting it up or having Google penalize your site for not following standards.
- Fully Responsive design, which is compatible with mobile devices as well.
- This theme has a powerful admin panel that allows you to control everything about your site and business through an intuitive backend interface.
- Easy to use and drag-and-drop page builder.
- It only provides six months of support.
- Customer service is unresponsive.
- Support forums haven’t got much activity.
Pofo is an excellent option if you’re looking for a WordPress theme that’s both inexpensive and practical.
- Regular License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from themezaa for $59. If you wish to extend your support to 12 months, an additional $41.13 will be charged.
- Extended License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from themezaa for $3,000. If you wish to extend your support to 12 months, an additional $2,100 will be charged.
7. Genesis – Best Free WordPress Themes for SEO
Genesis offers a variety of options to build your beautiful website. It is a flexible, responsive, premium WordPress theme framework that helps you create and launch your website without writing code. In addition, it has a built-in SEO engine that automatically disables once you start your plugins.
Genesis Framework is an excellent fit for anyone who wants to build a website that’s easy to manage, quick to load, and optimized for Google search. Genesis Framework is not just a theme. It’s a framework you can use to create the perfect website from scratch or customize it from an existing Genesis child theme like Business, Nonprofit, College, or Portfolio.
- Has several child themes.
- Adding titles and meta descriptions to your posts and pages is easy.
- Provides first-rate assistance to all of its customers.
- Customizing your site can be tricky.
- Has a steep learning curve.
- Some things just aren’t possible with this theme.
The Genesis WordPress Theme is 100% free to use, so you don’t have to worry about breaking your budget.
8. Schema – Best WordPress Themes for SEO and Design
The Schema Theme is a well-known WordPress template. Bloggers appreciate it since it’s an SEO-friendly theme. It’s a basic design, yet it has all the bells and whistles.
You’ll have a better blog because of the theme, and your content will get more attention. The theme options panel is a powerful tool for managing the theme’s settings.
Schema has unique layout options that allow you to customize your website creatively. The SEO-ready theme is also fully compatible with the Yoast SEO plugin, making it easy for you to monitor and optimize the site performance.
- It offers dozens of different plugins that can help you customize your site in any way possible.
- Lots of ways to organize your content so that it’s easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for.
- The most SEO-friendly website theme.
- There is less documentation available.
- The loading time of this theme is slower compared to other website themes.
- Very specific and only works for certain types of websites.
The pricing of the Schema WordPress theme is straightforward. There are just two options available to customers:
- Single Product – Includes one year of updates and support for $49.
- Membership – Access to all premium features and plugins for $199.
9. Astra – Best Responsive SEO Themes for WordPress
In addition to being suited for blogs, portfolios, businesses, and e-commerce sites of all kinds, Astra is also a lightning-fast WordPress theme that can be customized to any degree. To modify your website at the press of a button, Astra provides access to hundreds of high-quality website designs. It’s SEO friendly and ideal for businesses that need to drive traffic on a budget.
Astra provides a simple yet stunning website design. The theme’s SEO options are some of the best in the industry, and it provides you with multiple ways to customize your site and make it unique.
- The lightning-fast theme for WordPress.
- A wide range of page builders may be used with it.
- You’ll find more than 180 examples of existing websites in its gallery.
- There are several possibilities for personalization.
- The Astra WordPress theme is easy to use. It offers SEO friendly design that helps search engines find your site and index it properly.
- There’s no documentation available.
- The customer support team is slow during weekends.
- It doesn’t have a single-page design for its portfolio page.
If you’re looking for a theme as versatile as it is beautiful, look no further than Astra. Astra’s WordPress theme is available in three different plans:
- Astra Pro – Advanced header builder, custom layouts and hooks, risk-free guarantee, and extensive training for $59 a year.
- Essential Bundle – Ultimate addons for Elementor or Beaver Builder, WordPress portfolio login, premium support, product updates, and risk-free guarantee for $276.
- Growth Bundle – Everything in the Essential Bundle plus convert pro plugin, SkillJet academy membership, access to future products, and Schema Pro plugin for $523 a year.
10. X – Best WordPress Themes for Photographers’ SEO
X is advertised as the ‘final WordPress theme you’ll ever have to purchase.’ This is because it’s SEO friendly and easy to use. In addition, its developers call it the most powerful WordPress theme due to its range of features for both single and multiple-page sites.
If your website aims to provide relevant information on a specific subject, this WordPress theme is perfect for you. It’s also an excellent option for companies that want to create their blog or a personal site.
- It has an impressive front-end page builder tool that makes it easy for even beginners to create beautiful websites.
- Includes many third-party plugins, so there’s no need to spend hours figuring out how to set up your site.
- It supports many third-party plugins, so if there’s something you like but don’t see in the list provided by the developer, chances are someone else has already built it.
- Many themes might be overwhelming for new users who don’t know where to start or what they need from their site design.
- Configuration before starting since it won’t be ready to launch immediately.
- The plans are not for people who aim for minimalistic.
X is a simple and beautiful theme. It’s perfect for any business looking to make their website look modern, professional, and sleek. The X WordPress theme is available in two regular and extended licenses.
- Regular License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from THEMECO for $59 and an additional $41.12 to extend support to 12 months.
- Extended License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from THEMECO for $2,900 and an additional $2012.50 to extend support to 12 months.
11. Monstroid-2 – Best SEO WordPress Themes for E-commerce
Templatemonster has provided themes with hundreds of options for over a decade, and Monstroid-2 is one of their most popular offerings. Using Elementor, one of the most excellent page builders available, is a regular feature of the Monstroid-2 theme.
Monstroid-2 is an ideal choice for SEO optimization. It’s a multipurpose website that can be used for many different types of businesses, which means you’ll be able to use it for various purposes. With Monstroid-2, you can create a professional website to help your business look its best.
- Installed using a little plugin called Monstroid Wizard that walks you through the process.
- It has a plugin that lets you customize the headers and footers of the website.
- Has a variety of shortcuts available.
- Has a steep learning curve for its users.
- The templates provided are outdated.
- Some of the documentation is lacking or has a few gaps in it.
The monstroid-2 pricing plan is designed to accommodate the needs of any business. You can choose from three licenses:
- 1 Site – Includes future updates and six months of support for $95.
- 5 Sites – Includes future updates and six months of support for $164.
- Buyout License – Includes future updates and six months of support for $495.
12. The7 – Best Mobile-Friendly WordPress Themes for SEO
Dream-Theme, a team of Ukrainian developers, created and published the The7 theme. Their portfolio on ThemeForest currently has 36 items, with 14 of them being WordPress themes.
Its SEO optimization and mobile-friendly design make it ideal for SEO marketers.
- The theme and all its plugins are mobile-friendly.
- Has an included Design Wizard.
- 1,000+ theme options.
- Performance is not that good.
- The learning curve is too steep.
- The features provided are lacking.
The7 pricing plan has two licenses to choose from:
- Regular License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from Dream-Theme for $39.
- Extended License – Includes quality checked by Envato, future updates, and six months of support from Dream-Theme for $2,950.
13. Essence Pro – Best SEO Themes for WordPress 2022
Studiopress’s Rafal Tomal developed the Essence Pro Theme, a strong theme. The Health and Wellness niche was supposed to be the target audience for this particular subject. However, both on the front and back end, it was designed to be simple, letting you and your readers concentrate on the most critical aspects of your work.
The Essence Pro theme is vital. The Health and Wellness niche was supposed to be the target audience for this particular subject with SEO optimization and a mobile-friendly design.
- Has been optimized for SEO.
- Has a responsive layout for maximum viewing pleasure.
- Easy to use and modify.
- Too many options on the demo page
- Not that easy to customize.
- Doesn’t have much documentation.
To get started with the Essence Pro pricing plan, you need to make one payment of $129.95 and then download the software (which will be yours forever).
14. Yosemite – Best SEO WordPress Themes for E-commerce
A WordPress theme based on Apple’s Yosemite OS X style, Yosemite was created by Themeforest. Lifestyle, fashion, and travel blogs will benefit from this simple but stylish theme. SEO optimization is perfect for search engine marketers, and the mobile-friendly design is excellent for SEO marketers, too.
The Yosemite WordPress theme is a strong theme ideal for SEO specialists. The Lifestyle, fashion, and travel niche was supposed to be the target audience for this particular subject with an SEO-optimized layout and mobile-friendly design.
- Has simple and modern themes for users’ blogs.
- Themes can be tailored to your brand’s aesthetic.
- Offers a free plan with multiple advanced features.
- It lacks some features that are available to other themes.
- The learning curve is too steep.
- Lacks documentation.
Yosemite’s pricing plans are shrouded in secrecy. Still, we do know that they take a page from the Apple playbook: the more you play, the better your experience.
15. Divi – Best Responsive SEO Themes for WordPress
Divi is a versatile WordPress theme that blends beautiful design with top-notch functionalities. This is the ideal choice for those who don’t have the time or willingness to create a single line of code.
It’s an easy-to-use platform with many capabilities for constructing excellent websites.
Divi is an excellent choice for both beginners and advanced users alike. It’s great for any type of website, from personal to corporate, business-related to hobbyists. In addition, its SEO optimizations, market-based features, and extensive features for site administrators make it an excellent choice for e-commerce sites (shops).
- A versatile theme that may be used for any kind of project.
- Customizable, high-quality templates
- The best page builder on the market.
- Lots of helpful information is available.
- The page builder takes some time to get the hang of.
- With so much creative latitude available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
- There is no email ticketing system for help.
Divi’s pricing plan is not very specific.
You have to go to their website and pick a plan that you like, and then you can use it in your project.
What Is a WordPress Theme?
An individual WordPress theme is a collection of files that provide a user with a design for their website. The purpose of these files is to translate the written content into something that your reader can easily view on their screen.
However, there are other functions to these files as well; they can help you improve your search engine optimization efforts and integrate advertising into your site design.
In short, the WordPress theme is responsible for looking after your site’s design, layout, and visual aspects.
Why Is It Essential to Use an SEO-Friendly WordPress Theme?
SEO-friendly WordPress themes are the key to a successful blog. The theme makes your blog look good and professional, but it also helps rank higher on Google. The theme should be optimized for SEO so that Google can easily read the page and understand what your blog is about.
Simple and Clean Code
You want your blog to be easy to understand, so good coders always write straightforward and clean code. Likewise, the best themes offer SEO-optimized code that Google won’t have a hard time understanding.
Linking to Different Posts
When you link to data in a different part of your page, you’re creating internal links. These are great for your readers, and they’re also suitable for SEO purposes. Good codes should include these links so that Google can easily understand what you’re writing about.
The page content is one of the most important ranking factors, so you want to make sure that it’s adequately covered. Good WordPress themes include rich snippets in the code, which means that Google can easily see the most critical data.
How to Choose an SEO-Friendly WordPress Theme?
When choosing an SEO-friendly WordPress theme, you should keep a few things in mind.
Pick a Theme That Has an Easy-To-Use Interface
A good theme should provide the user with a straightforward and easy-to-navigate system. The interface is how Googlebot reads your site. There are several different types of themes; some are more complicated, while others are easier to navigate. The best themes offer users a simple yet effective interface.
Pick a Theme That Supports Your Business
The most important aspect is the function of your website. For example, if your site is a blog or publishing photos to your website and then sharing them on social media (which is just another form of blogging), you need to make sure that the theme makes it easy for people to share and spread the content.
Choose a Theme With Good Ratings
This doesn’t imply you should just select five-star themes with favorable comments. Still, a user-friendly theme helps.
Conclusion: What Is the Best SEO-Friendly WordPress Theme?
Kadence is an excellent choice for WordPress users who want to stand out. This theme is elegant and modern, and it’s SEO-friendly too.
This theme’s most attractive feature is that it’s pretty simple to utilize. You don’t need to be a computer science major or have an advanced degree in web design to use it. All the features are simple and easy to understand.
Resulting in not having to worry about breaking your site’s compatibility if you decide to use one of the many plugins available for Kadence.
Now that you know the different WordPress themes for SEO, and the best WordPress themes, it’s time to answer some questions. While writing this blog, we asked people about anything they were curious about this topic.