Search engines are a massive opportunity for growing traffic to your site or blog.
Taking advantage of this is as easy as saying S-E-O. As corny as that may have sounded, optimizing your blog posts or pages on your site for search engines can have enormous benefits for the visibility of your company.
If your company is trying to be found, don’t hide it underneath the billions of other companies, terms, keywords, etc. being searched. To be exact there are 2.9 million searches per minute. That’s 175 million every hour, 4 billion every day, and 131 billion per month for you to get lost in (Hubspot).
Enacting proper SEO tactics can help your company gain greater prominence in search and ultimately have more customers, fans, followers, or whoever, visiting your site.
Here are 10 stats that prove SEO is a valuable resource to invest in:
- 82.60% of internet users use search. [B2B Social Media Guide]
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic. [SEJ]
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. [Hubspot]
- 80% of search engine users say they occasionally/rarely/never click on the sponsored search results [SEO Peace]
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. [Rainbow SEO]
- Search is the number one driver of traffic content to sites, beating social media by 300%. [B2B Social Media Guide]
- For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the number 1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the number 2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the number 3 postion. [SEO Peace]
- 42% of all searchers click on the top-ranked result compared to PPC clicks—when searching, only 23% click a PPC link. [BloggingPro]
- 39% of customers come from search. [B2B Social Media Guide]
- 50% of consumers are more likely to click on a search result if the brand appears multiple times on the results page. [Brafton]
Has your company experienced any of these benefits from SEO?