You are the Channel Partner Manager for an emerging growth company. It is your responsibility to be the main point-of-contact for all of your partners. As you add channel partners, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to manage your partners without some automated process. All the research you have read about effective channel partner management indicates that it is essential to optimize channel partner training effectiveness in the early stages of the partner relationship to ensure a successful outcome. In order to optimize effectiveness, you must first identify the key factors that can limit a company’s ability to maximize partner training effectiveness. These factors can include:
- The inability to accurately measure ROI on training program investments.
- Individual training classes that are very expensive to administer and coordinate.
- The training and certification process consumes a disproportionate amount of the channel manager’s time.
- No ability to track which dealer employees completed which training courses.
- Channel partners that are overwhelmed with confusing or unrelated communications related to training and certification, reducing partner satisfaction and loyalty.
Next, identify the key people within your company and their needs as it relates to channel partner training and certification:
|CFO||Understand how training affects bottom-line sales (ROI)|
|VP of Marketing||Wants to know that sales team is trained|
|Channel Manager||Effective monitoring and communication|
|Training Manager||Reduce costs associated with training and certification|
|Channel Partners||Ability to train sales team and generate sales|
As channel manager, you want to implement a channel management solution that leverages partner training management best practices to increase selling effectiveness of your partners, while greatly reducing training costs. Robust partner relationship management software solutions, also known as partner relationship management (PRM) software, include training and certification modules. PRM software centralizes and automates training courses, e-learning, webinars, certification management and allows for targeted communications to specific channel partners by segmentation.
By implementing a partner relationship management solution, you will maximize your partner training effectiveness by:
- Easily and accurately tracking your channel partners and their competencies by combining their sales history, performance data and certifications in a single system
- Providing a comprehensive and centralized infrastructure for the administration and communication of training and certification programs
- Lowering testing and administrative costs (for you and your channel partners) through automation
- Customizing training information based on specific partner data, performance and need
- Increasing partner satisfaction and loyalty by providing a simplified and consistent training and assessment environment
Using a robust Partner Relationship Management solution, your emerging growth company can customize education/training material and course offerings by channel partner segment. PRM can also provide convenient online content, assessments, training and certifications in an interactive, easy-to-use partner portal for shared learning. From this partner portal, you will be able to centrally measure, track and analyze partner competencies in order to reward your channel partners for achieving certification milestones, ensuring your partners have the knowledge and skills to effectively sell your products.
For more on industry-leading PRM solutions, click here.
LogicBay’s Partner Relationship Management (PRM) Technology is rich with best practice workflows making it easier for organizations to do business with channel partner re-sellers. The result: More engagement and Mindshare. Greater Efficiency and Cost Savings. Alignment with Channel Partners. And, Performance Improvement for the Entire Sales Enterprise.
|Download this premium white paper to learn Channel Management Best Practices – Make it easy for dealers to do business with you, Heighten dealer engagement, Gain mindshare and maximize financial returns. Learn about LogicBay’s 4Core Best Practice Framework including methods for more effectively training and monitoring dealer employee certifications.|
|Link to LogicBay’s Library of Partner Relationship Management White Papers. These white papers provide best practice ideas on a Channel Readiness and Performance Improvement strategies. Topics include subjects such as: Effectively launching a LMS for the Channel, Applying Lean Principles to Channel Management, Channel Life-cycle Management, Partner Portal Technology Unification, and much more.|
|Link to LogicBay’s Library of Client Case Studies. Learn how LogicBay’s PRM Solutions and Technology have created significant performance gains for clients such as Caterpillar, HP, Daimler Trucks and Outdoor Living Brands.|