Find out how John Waddy of TwentySix2 Marketing landed accounts ranging from Coke, AutoTrader, Microsoft, and Verizon Wireless. TwentySix2 Marketing has been a leader in the online marketing industry for over a decade, providing services in search engine optimization, paid search, social media marketing, content marketing.
Key Take Aways from the Video for the Agency Owner:
- Make a deposit before you make a withdrawal. Meaning – help them first before you ask for their business. If you sell someone today, they will be your client today. If you help someone today, they will be a long term and raving fan.
- Strategic partners can help with getting into bigger clients but only if you have a speciality that the bigger partners do not or compliments their offering.
- Participating on boards and organizations with people they were targeting drove allot of growth.
- Developing a lunch and learn that they would invite prospects too on a regular basis.
- Change the conversation by asking allot of question.
- Understand the scope of work, understand the market analysis, understand the result, and always measure.
- One of the biggest challenges of getting off the ground was creating momentum.
- Focus at least an hour a day on your business and not just running your business.
- John also made sure there were diversity of clients, so no one client made up a majority of revenue.
- Who do you hire to grow the business?
- Figure out what kind of person are you. Are you an operations person, then hire someone that can sell. If you are a sales person, hire someone that can do operations.
- If your a closer, hire a sales person that can find the business and then work together to close the business together. Don’t compete with your sales people.
- Define a process that your team can follow.
- How do you maintain your big clients?
- Focus on results and continue to show metrics of momentum and ROI. Build the relationship and over deliver.
- Measure everything and benchmark where you started. If you are doing your job and proving your ROI, you will keep them as a client.
- Be a consultant and provide insights that they don’t have. Help clients succeed and prove your results with ROI.
- Never sell to your customer. Ask allot of questions and listen. Focus on the clients need and don’t focus on what and how you do it.
- Based on their response, propose a solution.
Comments on this article are closed.