Welcome to Episode 192 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, we shared some insights on seven trends that will be shaping our world in the year to come.
Today we’re turning our attention to avoiding one of the banes of many content creators’ existence: TL;DR, also known as “too long; didn’t read.”
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- The Content Marketing Coach is now available on Amazon — book and Kindle format! To see what Joe Pulizzi, Jay Baer, and Jeff Hayzlett thought about the book, and to snag your own copy, visit com.
- Unfinished business: Here are the links to the three podcasts I rattled off in our back-to-school episode: Jon Buscall’s Online Marketing & Communications Podcast, John Jantsch’s Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, and Todd Henry’s Accidental Creative Podcast.
- Our latest News Feed segment:
- Facebook announces new features for cross-posting video (learn more here)
- LinkedIn rolls out Publisher updates (learn more here)
- Twitter revamps Direct Messages (learn more here)
- Content Hit of the Week: “Why Content Marketing’s Future Depends on Shorter Content and Less Content” by Ronell Smith on the Moz blog
- Is all long content bad?
- Learn the wisdom of the Miniskirt Rule
- 7 tips for keeping readers engaged throughout those longer pieces of content … and avoiding the dreaded TL;DR
- Tip of the Week: My answer to “Can I publish the same content on my blog and in my e-newsletter?”