When you’re hyper-focused on results, it’s easy to view PR and marketing as a purely numbers-driven game. However, the creative arts – writing, photography, video and more – play a central role in contributing to those numbers by helping companies tell their stories and reach their desired audience.
On this week’s Hacks and Flacks, we talk to two people who understand the art and science of visual mediums. When she’s not working as a biomedical engineer for Boston’s MC10, photographer Ellora Sen-Gupta can most likely be found snapping photos and contributing to creative projects as part of Boston’s budding Instagram photography community, including @PortraitMeet. March Director of Video Services is also
In this episode, they talk about their techniques for applying creativity to corporate visual content, tips on how to get the best out of subjects who aren’t comfortable in front of the camera, and why companies can’t afford to cut corners on skill or technical competency when it comes to working with photographers or videographers.
- Follow Ellora Sen-Gupta on Instagram: @hellorainyday
- Follow Brendan Reilly on Instagram: @reelreilly
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Twitter: @hacksflacks
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Instagram:@hacksflacks
- Follow our Facebook Fan Page: Hacks and Flacks Podcast
- Follow March Communications on Twitter:@MarchComms
- Visit the M+PR Nonsense blog: MarchComms.com/blog