Welcome to Episode 66 of the Content Marketing Podcast!
If you joined us for last week’s podcast, you’ll recall we continued our newest series, “How Fascinating Is Your Content?” based on Sally Hogshead’s groundbreaking marketing book Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation. Last week, we talked about how content marketers can leverage the second of the seven “fascination triggers”: Mystique. (Need to get caught up?)
Today we’re continuing our deep dive into Fascinate by talking about how content marketers can access the third of the seven fascination triggers: Alarm.
Give today’s episode a listen to hear:
- Our latest “News Feed” segment:
- Products and Services tabs on LinkedIn Company Pages going away this Monday, April 14
- Content Hit of the Week: “Gaining Traction With Content Marketing: How To Build Personas” by Jay Baer
- The primal roots of the Alarm trigger — a.k.a. the “fight or flight” response
- 5 ways marketers can fascinate their audiences by tapping into the Alarm trigger
- 3 tips for leveraging the Alarm trigger in your own content practices
- Tip of the Week: Have an “idea bank” for saving all those great content ideas when they hit you
Please remember that this podcast is about you—your questions, your frustrations, your hopes and fears around content marketing. So please take a moment to send me your feedback, questions, or comments via email, on our Facebook Page, or via Twitter.
See you again next week!