This week, join Will and Matt as they take a look at some of the biggest names in digital marketing and what’s been going on. From major advances in advertisers to some good and bad press on Google.
- Instagram Hits 1 Million Advertisers [3:30]
- Google Gets Some Bad Press [13:20]
- Google Gets Some Good Press for a Powerful Update [19:00]
Instagram Hits 1 Million Advertisers
Facebook-owned Instagram is gaining in popularity and prominence for advertisers across the world as it hits 1 million total advertisers. Our host Will looks to discuss why it’s become so popular and what it means for ads on Instagram going forward.
- “Instagram announced they’re at 1 million active advertisers since this time in September when they only had 500,000.” -Will
- “80% of people use the platform to follow a business that aligns with their passion.” -Will
- “Instagram is an extremely simple platform, in a matter of two or three taps, users can get to a businesses page.” -Will
- “Instagram will be implementing booking or appointment booking buttons within business profiles.” -Will
- “For myself, Instagram is my one social account that I have for personal use.” -Matt
- “I think Instagram is one of the most powerful platforms because it still has really good organic reach.” -Matt
- “If you do it well, you can have a lot of people find you on Twitter and Instagram just by using good hashtags” – Matt
Google Gets Some Bad Press
Google’s advertising platform is hailed as one of the most powerful mediums for paid ads online but it’s been under a lot of scrutiny lately. Prominent figures like the Royal Bank of Scotland have removed themselves from its ad platform and Matt pauses to see why.
- “Google apologized for issues they had their display ads network.” -Matt
- “Very big professional companies have had their display ads put up next to legally questionable, unsafe, or unprofessional ads.” -Matt
- “Google is known for looking at flagged content really well, if something is flagged inappropriate or unacceptable they review 94% of it within 24 hours.” -Matt
Google Gets Some Good Press for a Powerful Update
Despite all the bad press that Google has received lately, it quietly pushed out an update that will have a big impact on how searches are displayed on mobile devices. Matt breaks it down for a closer look at how it effects your business and how you can leverage it for success.
- “Google will be updating their mobile platform to have something similar to an app launcher. Below the search bar you can quickly search by tons of quick searches.” -Host Name
- “This update will put more emphasis on the rich snippets that I’ve mentioned previously.” -Matt
- “Rich snippets are a chunk of text, lists, images, or maps, that show up first on search results.” -Matt
- “Trying to optimize correctly so you show up in rich snippets is going to be one of the most important SEO tactics going forward.” -Matt