Pinterest offers perhaps the most unique benefits among all social media platforms. And if your businesses’ content marketing strategy has not factored Pinterest in the mix you are missing out on a huge chunk of traffic from a site that sends more visitors to web properties than the much-vaunted Twitter and has more than 70 million users.
Here are ten must-know tips to generate views, leads, and sales through Pinterest.
1. While this image-sharing digital pinboard can work wonderfully for all business niches, you are at an advantage if your business can provide you with captivating images. Think along the lines of the culinary arts, fashion, lifestyle accessories, travel destinations, hot bods, and even real estate.
2. Women in the age group of 25 and 55 rule the roost here. That said, there’s enough men out there for you to market power tools, sneakers, SUVs, and a lot more. Do not simply wade into setting up boards, pinning some content and repinning some. Learn about the type of content that draws your target audience and makes them share it not just on Pinterest but across social media.
3. Exercise basic social media due diligence. Your profile has to carry the name of your enterprise. You should use your brand’s name as your username.
4. Link to your profiles on other social media sites. This will give you a better chance at keeping visitors on your online properties. The hard part is getting a captive audience and this technique will allow you to do so with a higher success rate.
5. Remember, you are out there to engage and not just build traffic. Reach out. Repin interesting stuff, comment on pins, and be of help. Do not endeavor to build an audience, build a community and pay special attention to the power users and opinion influencers.
6. Optimize your blog for easy pinning. Look up Firefox and Chrome plugins that will allow you to enhance the value of your content. Always remember to credit the source of your image. It may be a chore but your brand’s reputation is at stake. PinSearch is a nifty Google Chrome app that will allow you to do the same. Or use Google Image search to locate the original source.
7. Name and tag the images keeping SEO conventions in mind. You know what you’re trying to rank for. The same applies for the description for the image and the link to the site hosting the source content.
8. Analyze. Analytics are indispensable to your content marketing program. And if you wish to achieve a healthy ROI, track things; such as sources of traffic, content that elicits maximum engagement, keyword performance, lead conversion, etc. Infographics, images, photographs, text, and videos – you have a lot of choices. Exercise it creatively and with one eye on analytics data.
10. Mobile internet traffic is growing exponentially by the day. Ensure that your blog is mobile friendly and that the Pin buttons are displayed for easy use.
It is not at all difficult to crack the Pinterest code for successful content marketing. And the rewards are well worth it. Adapt and implement the tips mentioned above. Engage, inspire, be of help, and share good content.