Creating compelling web content is a huge time suck. What small biz owner has time to plan, script, shoot and edit video for their website? Only those who understand that fresh, value-driven web video is crucial to converting browsers into buyers. Create it once. Reap the marketing benefits forever. That’s ROI on 8 cans of Red Bull!
Salivating for these results, but short on time or just plain lazy? Drop your drool cup and add video testimonials to your website. New or old, Fortune 500 or “owe a fortune”, every business can immediately score with this video marketing tool. Nothing creates credibility faster than a believable testimonial. Nothing is more persuasive than a testimonial on video.
Text Bores. Video Sells.
Text-only testimonials have flat-lined. People are distrustful of random, glowing claims from “T.C. in Tacoma”. Oh, if T.C. said it, it must be true! It’s amazing how many online testimonials come from initials. Future customers connect with people like them…people with real names and real experiences. Real people. Real stories. Really work.
Outsourcing Gone Wild
What’s the easiest way to create online video testimonials? Don’t do anything. Simply ask your paying customers to do it for you. Flattered, they’ll jump at the opportunity! Deep in our DNA is a gene that craves status through association. Yelp.com tapped this gene to revolutionize web reviews. Wouldn’t you like to get in on that action?
Tips to Tap the Video Testimonial Juice
1. Ask Clients When They’re “High”. After a positive experience, ask your client to record a brief video about their experience. Waiting only waters down passion. You must catch a client when they’re in a euphoric state. Solve a problem or reduce “pain” and the brain floods with dopamine. When people feel good, they’re more likely to say, “Yes!” Don’t miss the awesome marketing potential this drug-free high offers.
2. Story Selling. Online marketing reaps its power from value-infused stories. A great video testimonial takes the viewer on a journey. Think “Lord of the Rings” without special effects. OR consider this winning recipe for a tasty testimonial video:
1. Customer Introduction
2. Present Problem – Explain situation before.
3. Reveal Pain Point – What would’ve happened if they didn’t find you?
4. Benefits – How was the problem solved? Demonstrate product, if applicable. Show it to sell it!
5. Personal Recommendation – Don’t go overboard. Ingredients 2-4 will seal the deal.
3. Video Camera Not Required. The best recording device is the one available. Cell phone cam, Flip Cam, even web cam…all cool! Service-based businesses should arm each team member with a video recording device. You never want to miss out on scoring video testimonial gold!
How many times have you been moved to action after seeing someone, just like you, using and benefiting from a product or service? That’s the marketing power of social persuasion. Put it to work and see how video testimonials can transform browsers into buyers. Especially since your customers will be doing all the work. Take a two-hour lunch. You’ve earned it!
Article first published as Why Lazy Marketers Love Video Testimonials on Technorati.
Comments on this article are closed.