Landing pages can help your business capture lead information and grow sales. Here are six simple landing page tips to help you create the perfect landing pages for your business:
1. Make the offer relevant. The most important part of a landing page is what’s behind it. What are you trying to entice people with? Make sure it is relevant whether it’s an e-book, guide, case study, or webinar.
2. Explain the value. This is easy when you have a relevant content offer but it’s still important. You have to explain to people what they get and why it will be valuable to them or their business. It’s important to let the visitor know what is in it for them. Since the landing page has to make the case for value so spend time getting this right.
3. Use bullet points. Everyone loves bullet points and lists because they are easier to read and skim. Most people will skip over blocks of copy straight to bullet points. Using 3-5 bullet points on your landing page will help synthesize the value of your offer and show people quickly what the value of the offer is.
4. Keep your form simple. The longer your form on a landing page the less likely it is people will fill it out. Keep it short with fewer than 7 fields to capture only as much information as you need to follow up with the person once they’ve received your offer.
5. Eliminate distractions. Remove unnecessary links from the navigation and keep most of your content above the fold in most cases. The goal of a landing page is conversion so you should eliminate any other tasks that distract attention away from the content and form.
6. Test everything. Test everything on your landing page and see how different changes affect the conversion rate. Do different headers or photos change the conversion rate? Do more people respond to a different benefit? Test everything you can on thing at a time to find out what really works the best.