Podcasts come in two flavors; audio or video. Podcasts are audio or video clips one creates using a microphone or video camera. These short clips are then uploaded to a website or blog for later viewing or listening. Audio podcasts give you the opportunity to listen to a speaker while the video version lets you see the speaker’s posture, facial expressions and demeanor. In a broad sense, podcasts can be used to attract and educate prospects, shore up customer support of existing clients and disseminating new product information.
Here are six reasons you should consider when pondering the idea of incorporating podcasting into your business strategies:
- Podcasts are great training tools. – When you have quick tips to pass along to the troops in the field and do not want to crank up a full-blown webinar, create podcast snippets to publicize the necessary details.
- Podcasts offer a higher level of customer support and lessen support calls. -Think of creating podcasts that answer the top ten support questions. Customers that need a little more handholding can listen/watch these podcasts over and over. If your customers have trouble installing your product, think about doing a podcast that shows them the correct installation method.
- Podcasts are great product launch tools. – Create excitement among your existing customers by creating a podcast highlighting the features and functions of your latest product.
- Podcasts are great for video press releases. – Use podcasts to separate your company from all the rest of the marketing noise out on the web by creating podcast media releases.
- Podcasts keep everyone in the organization on the same sheet of music. – As organizations grow and relocate to different geographic locations, employees can feel left out and important information can get lost in transmission. Create podcasts, of say the marketing goals for the next quarter, and keep everyone on the same page.
- Podcasts reach new audiences. – Podcasts are a perfect fit for the mobile community. Create podcasts that allow prospects and customers to keep up to date with what the organization is doing.
Podcasts are easy and inexpensive to create. Podcasts can also be uploaded to many of the podcast directories on the web. This practice gives you exposure to an audience you have yet to reach.