Website design is something which plays a crucial role in the success of a website as it’s the first and foremost thing which attracts a visitor towards a website. Therefore, due consideration should always be given to web designing. If you want to launch your first ever website, then it would be better if you take the service of a professional website designing company, as it would help you out in a professional manner and will provide you with various web designs and will make it easy to select by guiding you through different web layouts and telling you the quality and benefits of each and every design it shows.
However, to make web site designing more clear and easy to understand, listed below are basic principles, which will eventually help you to create an ideal website design.
- First of all decide about the web layout design like if you require a two or three column web design?
- For reference, search for latest trends in web designing by looking at other live websites and see if like any of the web designs you browse through.
- Make at-least three or four different rough sketches of the web design and look out for the best of them.
- At the beginning of designing make the header section first as it will provide you with a good idea to select the colors to work with. Avoid using very light and dark colors as well but the color combination you choose must be refreshing and look appealing.
- Use only a few images as using more images will affect the page speed of your website.
- Use <div> tags while designing rather than working with <td> and <tr> tags as they are very complicated to work with in comparison to the <div> tags.
- Avoid using flash as much as possible because spider bots of search engines are not so good in crawling and indexing flash based websites, and this might cause you problem at the later stage when you would need high rankings to attract more and more visitors.
- The website must possess an easy to browse through navigation links.
- Meta tags used in the website must be within the guidelines issued by major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- To boost your website’s downloading speed, use CSS (cascading style sheets) rather than images and if you are using images more then make sure that they are not big in terms of file size.
If you follow all the above mentioned steps while creating a web design, you will end up achieving whatever you might have aimed for. But for beginners it would always be better to hire an experienced professional website designer.