If you are trying to learn what type of actions people are taking on your website, you really need to look at these numbers.
You will find In-Page Analytics under the Content Section on the left-hand side.
The page give you instant information about the website on the left-hand side like page views, unique views, time on page and bounce rate. If you use Google Analytics, you know about these numbers, but now on the right-hand side is a picture of your site with click information by percentage. This information will tell you where people are going on your site.
Here are some places that I found I have higher click rates on my site.
- You can get a lot of clicks with the Hello Bars Tool – If you don’t know what this tool is, check out the site, it helps draw people’s attention to places you may want them to go for more information.
- Have a place where you list some of your favorite posts. I list these links on the right-hand side
- Most people do not scroll down the page. Put your best content toward the top of the page. It is the first thing that they see.
- Have an about page. People want to learn more about the writer(s) of the site.
- Allow people to comment on your site. People will click and post their own reviews or see who else is reading posts on your site.
- Create some long-term pages about particular topics that people can easily find at the top of your site.
I have only touched the surface of this great tool. You need to see what type of information is coming back from your own site and see if you can make some tweaks to increase the time people spend on your site. Check it out!
Picture – Davichi