Welcome to another edition of the “5 Reasons” blog series. This will be a weekly blog series, with a fresh post every Monday. Last week’s topic was “Five Reasons You Should Consider Contests”.
This Week’s Topic = Five Reasons to Start Using Google AdWords
There are an infinite number of places to advertise online, and even more ways of doing it. But there are a few online channels that every company should test their way into because they’re so successful for others. Search marketing is one such channel, and Google AdWords is the way to get started.
Here are five reasons why:
- Your customers are already looking for you. People are searching on Google everyday. It’s likely some of them are searching for something you offer. And it’s just as likely they’re not finding you there. Help them find you by advertising on those searches.
- Your competition is already showing up. When people search online for something you offer, you hopefully show up in the organic results along with the rest of your competitors. But if you don’t show up on the first page, you won’t get very many visitors to your site. Help yourself by running ads and show up above your competition.
- It’s easy to test your way in. You can select a small number of very specific keywords. You can set low daily spending caps. You can see what works and what does not, and build up your budget from there. You are basically paying for results.
- It’s easy to manage. Google provides free training on the AdWords platform that anyone can take. You can also hire a part timer with AdWords experience, or an agency, that can manage it for you. Take it from someone who has been through the training, it’s not hard to learn.
- It will open you up to new advertising channels. Once you’re finding success on Google AdWords, you will be more comfortable and more aware of the other online marketing channels. Even through Google AdWords, you have additional advertising options, like their content network or remarketing opportunities.
As always, if you have your own tips, please include them in the comments below.