Did you know that you could be gaining new customers every day through a handful of simple yet effective marketing strategies? If you want to entice more traffic to visit your website, simply having one is not enough. It requires a little time and effort on your part to get your name out there, build your brand, and bring traffic to your website.
Think of it this way – you wouldn’t invest money into a lovely plant, sit it on a windowsill, and leave it to fend for itself, would you? No, you’d water it, maybe give it some fancy plant food, and possibly even sing to it so it continues to grow and thrive. Why not treat your website the same way? If you’re ready to increase your website visitors and enhance your probability, read on for 5 strategies you can implement today.
1. Take advantage of social media. Social media can be a great asset to all businesses, both large and small, if used correctly. Simply setting up a Facebook page and walking away isn’t going to be enough, however. Take an active role in social networking by engaging with your fans or followers on a daily basis, e.g., sending out tweets, posting updates and images, encouraging user feedback with polls and questions, and responding to any users who contact you. Remember, Facebook and Twitter are fantastic options for social networking, but consider creating accounts on other networking sites that would be useful to you as well, including Foursquare, Digg, Reddit, HubPages, and Squidoo.
2. Become a blogger. You don’t have to be a professional writer to blog. In fact, most bloggers are simply people with something interesting to say or people who consider themselves experts on a subject they want to share information about. As a business owner, you’re already an expert on your products or services, so why not turn your knowledge into informative blog posts? This is a great way to become known as a credible source to the community interested in your specific area of expertise. Keep your blogs personal and interesting – this is not the time to make them seem like an ad or an obvious play for more business. Be sure to include a link to your website and you’ll be well on your way to higher web traffic.
3. Get web traffic through search engine optimization. Search engine optimization is a great way to get people to your site who are looking for your specific service or product. Research what the most popular keywords or phrases related to your industry are and incorporate them into your website’s content, images, and headers. Adding keywords to your site will be most effective if they’re used throughout the content as well. While there is a strategy to search engine optimization, once you have it figured out, it can work to your advantage by bringing your target audience directly to your website.
4. Use the popularity of multimedia to your advantage. How many times have you watched a video on YouTube, listened to a podcast, or watched a video on your iPod? From informative to funny, multimedia is a great way to reach your target audience and drive more traffic to your website. If you’re new to multimedia, just start out simple. Record yourself talking about something that would catch the attention of your target audience and go from there. Creating a podcast is also an excellent way to reach your intended consumers. If your business is your passion, it will come through in your podcast, making it interesting and informative for your listeners.
5. Keep your content fresh throughout each year. Think about the reasons someone would continually come back to a website. Is boring, stagnant content one of them? Of course not! Updating your content to reflect any new products, services, or company changes will keep your site relevant and interesting to your customers. Update the calendar every week on your site if you have one, keep up with blogs if applicable, and keep your content fresh and exciting. This is a great way to have a flow of customers visiting your site on a regular basis.